WoW mod forum is desolated. If you are looking for us - join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/KqaKUPB . With love and gratitude, Stinkyfax.

Reply on isuck gag/ban

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:9810151

• PlayerID 24228

• LocationJoensuu, Finland

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

So i decide give my opinion on this topic since its locked and even though thing seems solved i just want to give my opinion in general about these kind of things. http://wowmod.eu/top...on/page__st__40

I think this is some kinda problem that admins/admins friends joke that kinda way to eachother and when other player understand "joke" or whatever wrong he carries coinsidences because this common "your not my friend,you cant say so, vanish, scumbag" *gagged, banned, silenced, kicked, evilrocketed, slapped, muted* For example i know tas irl, and when i joke about him/to him on server he took it as offense bcause thats not way admins should be treated, but when i got admins i can do that no problem, i feel that stupid. Besides, imo this instagag/instaban thingy or instasilence thingy is just wrong in these kinda situations. Ofc its understandable if some1 advertise/hacks and he knows his doing wrong, but in other cases like this, there should always be warning first so ppl know before punishment what they do wrong. Yes, in most cases this fixes those players (who are familiar to server or play it actively) attitudes instantly and punishment isnt even needed afterall.
I fully understand isucks rejoin since he wasnt given any info about what he did wrong and nobody told him before he ask himself, and then he gets ban on face. Its natural that human-nature feels that unjustiable(i think i got that wrong). I also understand stealthz, he just doing how the "protocol" goes, though not thinking so much in isucks point of view (text above) (note2: and ofc it was hurry situation as event was going on).
In general i think there shouldnt exist any kind of this "because i can i ignore you and punish how i want" (not pointing to any specific person!) but rather interaction between admins and players, (as mentioned before count hackers etc out of this) because afterall good community forms out of understanding and interaction between players, on long term "getting problems out of sight" (as we say in finland) doesnt really mean getting rid of problems.

E* Btw anyone else noticed huge drama/report player/report admin increase about from start of december. There was maybe 1 drama/report player/admin case during whole autumn and now it burst up o.o

Edited by Dessu, 23 December 2012 - 01:29 PM.

Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8

Bigi :  id luuuuv to see on discvoery channel tas in pony costume getting chased by a pack of wolves

#2 OFFLINE   Crypt

Crypt

Captain Equality

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Copied straight from the wiki: The admin is always right, he's allowed to make rules even if they aren't listed in here! If you see any unfair rules made up by admins, report on forums!
Warning, Kick, Short ban, long ban, permanent.

If you don't want admins to do what they want they punish them for not following protocol. And also the topic is locked for a reason, it was resolved no need to start another shit storm.

Vroom Vroom

For the Boys

#3 OFFLINE   isuck

isuck

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • PlayerID 12278

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Thanks, well I think it is already clear what stealth and partly me aswell did wrong.
And there isnt that much admin drama, its not like they cheat or somthing :P just small annoyences, in general all the admins and event teams do a splendid job

#4 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:9810151

• PlayerID 24228

• LocationJoensuu, Finland

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostDessu, on 23 December 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

So i decide give my opinion on this topic since its locked and even though thing seems solved i just want to give my opinion in general about these kind of things. http://wowmod.eu/top...on/page__st__40

I think this is some kinda problem that admins/admins friends joke that kinda way to eachother and when other player understand "joke" or whatever wrong he carries coinsidences because this common "your not my friend,you cant say so, vanish, scumbag" *gagged, banned, silenced, kicked, evilrocketed, slapped, muted* For example i know tas irl, and when i joke about him/to him on server he took it as offense bcause thats not way admins should be treated, but when i got admins i can do that no problem, i feel that stupid. Besides, imo this instagag/instaban thingy or instasilence thingy is just wrong in these kinda situations. Ofc its understandable if some1 advertise/hacks and he knows his doing wrong, but in other cases like this, there should always be warning first so ppl know before punishment what they do wrong. Yes, in most cases this fixes those players (who are familiar to server or play it actively) attitudes instantly and punishment isnt even needed afterall.
I fully understand isucks rejoin since he wasnt given any info about what he did wrong and nobody told him before he ask himself, and then he gets ban on face. Its natural that human-nature feels that unjustiable(i think i got that wrong). I also understand stealthz, he just doing how the "protocol" goes, though not thinking so much in isucks point of view (text above) (note2: and ofc it was hurry situation as event was going on).
In general i think there shouldnt exist any kind of this "because i can i ignore you and punish how i want" (not pointing to any specific person!) but rather interaction between admins and players, (as mentioned before count hackers etc out of this) because afterall good community forms out of understanding and interaction between players, on long term "getting problems out of sight" (as we say in finland) doesnt really mean getting rid of problems.

E* Btw anyone else noticed huge drama/report player/report admin increase about from start of december. There was maybe 1 drama/report player/admin case during whole autumn and now it burst up o.o
In short please dont reply here if you dont bother even read what i wrote but go on offensive road straight away. Ps. i know rules.
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8

Bigi :  id luuuuv to see on discvoery channel tas in pony costume getting chased by a pack of wolves

#5 OFFLINE   Bigi

Bigi

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Steam shoansaf357

• PlayerID 1040

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Well it is because admins making like a small group of friends where they think they are intitled to insider jokes and any1 who tries to joke with them or say anything that might seem rude can be punished-.- I am not pointing u out rescape, i know the tobaco got to u and i aint pointing any1 out.

For a community to enjoy a server they need to feel a part of it;O Doing things like this makes any1 else then admin an outsider.

#6 OFFLINE   isuck

isuck

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • PlayerID 12278

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Yup bigi hits the nail on the head, Admins should treat evryone the same

#7 OFFLINE   Mazzeru

Mazzeru

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Steam Mazzeru

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostCrypt, on 23 December 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Copied straight from the wiki: The admin is always right, he's allowed to make rules even if they aren't listed in here! If you see any unfair rules made up by admins, report on forums!
Warning, Kick, Short ban, long ban, permanent.

There was not any warning.
If I was gaged without explanation, I would also reconnect to ask why.
If I was banned for reconnect, I would also post here.

In conclusion, you did what seems right (for you) but you have not made any warning.

Something as easy as : isuck, you have been offensive, I will mute you for X minutes for doing so. Do not try to reconnect to avoid this sanction.

This would have avoid all this trouble.

#8 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostMazzeru, on 23 December 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

There was not any warning.
If I was gaged without explanation, I would also reconnect to ask why.
If I was banned for reconnect, I would also post here.

In conclusion, you did what seems right (for you) but you have not made any warning.

Something as easy as : isuck, you have been offensive, I will mute you for X minutes for doing so. Do not try to reconnect to avoid this sanction.

This would have avoid all this trouble.

Gag was the warning, Silence is the punishment.
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#9 OFFLINE   Evander

Evander

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • PlayerID 5235

• LocationPoland

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostRaging, on 23 December 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Gag was the warning, Silence is the punishment.

Gag=silence

#10 OFFLINE   Stealth

Stealth

Knight

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:0:6750859

• PlayerID 1390

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Evander.. Gag = CHAT mute = mic
Silence = both
Gag = can use mic
Mute = can use chat

#11 OFFLINE   Evander

Evander

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • PlayerID 5235

• LocationPoland

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Yes, but when someone doesn't have a mic, then gag makes them unable to say anything...

#12 OFFLINE   Bigi

Bigi

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Steam shoansaf357

• PlayerID 1040

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

OMFG EVA U SO DUMB!!! EVERY1 HAS MIC  DUUUUH^^

#13 OFFLINE   Stealth

Stealth

Knight

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:0:6750859

• PlayerID 1390

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

You do realize, Valve has this thing called "Steam" In which you can easily add people, or tell someone to talk to me considering i have all the admins added?
But the topic was closed, so let's stop posting on this.

#14 OFFLINE   Evander

Evander

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • PlayerID 5235

• LocationPoland

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Do you realize that not everyone wants to have certain people in friends? It is called a FRIENDS, I wouldn't like to have there someone I don't like...

#15 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostEvander, on 24 December 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

Do you realize that not everyone wants to have certain people in friends? It is called a FRIENDS, I wouldn't like to have there someone I don't like...
No wonder u deleted me...

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#16 OFFLINE   BonBons

BonBons

Commander

• Events Team

• 667 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:5638617

• PlayerID 1411

• LocationCanada, Ontario

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

I feel obligated as an admin to have most if not all of the regular players on my friends list just incase they have any question I can answer or help. But that's just me so. Oh but I think we should lock this topic because the other one was closed for a reason.

Edited by BonBons, 24 December 2012 - 01:12 AM.

Buy my gear from my shop pls: http://wowmod.eu/top...-crafters-shop/  http://corrupcrafters.webs.com

Posted Image

Never tell your password to anyone.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
11:19 PM - on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: Crypt: sometimes i wonder to myself what islife
Crypt: but then i say vroom vroom
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: dude
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: ur gonna make me cry
Crypt: -Bigi ft Tupac

RIP.

"if you elect me as admin i promise to bring justice to the wowmod community, i will find and terminate the alqeda terrorist known as big al" - Zakery123

#17 OFFLINE   Evander

Evander

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • PlayerID 5235

• LocationPoland

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostRescape, on 24 December 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

No wonder u deleted me...

Scape, no enchants, no luv <3

#18 OFFLINE   Big Al

Big Al

Corporal

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Locationindianapolis indiana

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

All i can say is :vaunew: :vaunew: :vaunew: :vaunew: :vaunew:
Lenya :  big al ur bad stop talking

if you elect me as admin i promise to bring justice to the wowmod community, i will find and terminate the alqeda terrorist known as big al

lol i love it

#19 OFFLINE   BonBons

BonBons

Commander

• Events Team

• 667 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:5638617

• PlayerID 1411

• LocationCanada, Ontario

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

View PostBig Al, on 24 December 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

All i can say is :vaunew: :vaunew: :vaunew: :vaunew: :vaunew:

What?

PS I like ur pic l0l0l0l
Buy my gear from my shop pls: http://wowmod.eu/top...-crafters-shop/  http://corrupcrafters.webs.com

Posted Image

Never tell your password to anyone.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
11:19 PM - on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: Crypt: sometimes i wonder to myself what islife
Crypt: but then i say vroom vroom
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: dude
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: ur gonna make me cry
Crypt: -Bigi ft Tupac

RIP.

"if you elect me as admin i promise to bring justice to the wowmod community, i will find and terminate the alqeda terrorist known as big al" - Zakery123

#20 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostStealth, on 23 December 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

You do realize, Valve has this thing called "Steam" In which you can easily add people, or tell someone to talk to me considering i have all the admins added?
But the topic was closed, so let's stop posting on this.
forcing player to contact you via steam is just lame.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users