WoW mod forum is desolated. If you are looking for us - join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/KqaKUPB . With love and gratitude, Stinkyfax.

Gagged and banned for no reason.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   isuck

isuck

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • PlayerID 12278

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

I will say it again, This is the only slighlty negaticce sentence that was obivously ment in a joking way!

He gagged me with no reasoning So I HAD TO rejoin to ask! I dont know how long a gag lasts, and I cant ask how long it lasts if i'm gagged.

Then he banned me for trying to clear things up really nice of him!

so from my point of view he made 3 errors.

1. the gag itself (unstified) (treat evryone the same)
2. No reasoning (causing me to have to rejoin)
3. Ban me since I want to know why I was gagged. (causing me to get pissed of and make this forum post) (making me miss my favourite event) (making me lose 1 gold since I always win hns :P)

"Have fun! It's a game. Don't disrespect admins they are there to ensure game stays fun, and free from cheaters, flamers, trollers, spammers, etc.
Yes Have fun, I make a slightly negative comment that was ment in a joking matter just as the other 2 before me and I get punished! If your an admin just as any NORMAL person you should be able to take a joke, I didnt wish you mom cancer or somthing.

#42 OFFLINE   BonBons

BonBons

Commander

• Events Team

• 667 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:5638617

• PlayerID 1411

• LocationCanada, Ontario

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

View Postisuck, on 22 December 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

I will say it again, This is the only slighlty negaticce sentence that was obivously ment in a joking way!

He gagged me with no reasoning So I HAD TO rejoin to ask! I dont know how long a gag lasts, and I cant ask how long it lasts if i'm gagged.

3. Ban me since I want to know why I was gagged. (causing me to get pissed of and make this forum post)

"Have fun! It's a game. Don't disrespect admins they are there to ensure game stays fun, and free from cheaters, flamers, trollers, spammers, etc.
Yes Have fun, I make a slightly negative comment that was ment in a joking matter just as the other 2 before me and I get punished! If your an admin just as any NORMAL person you should be able to take a joke, I didnt wish you mom cancer or somthing.

Just want to throw this in. You were gag'd and before the next round could start you rejoined. Thats not even 6min. But thats just food for thought.
Buy my gear from my shop pls: http://wowmod.eu/top...-crafters-shop/  http://corrupcrafters.webs.com

Posted Image

Never tell your password to anyone.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
11:19 PM - on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: Crypt: sometimes i wonder to myself what islife
Crypt: but then i say vroom vroom
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: dude
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: ur gonna make me cry
Crypt: -Bigi ft Tupac

RIP.

"if you elect me as admin i promise to bring justice to the wowmod community, i will find and terminate the alqeda terrorist known as big al" - Zakery123

#43 OFFLINE   Crypt

Crypt

Captain Equality

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostRescape, on 22 December 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

Hmm I think he handled it pretty well seeing as how 90% of other event admins would stop the event and punish everyone for a few complainers.

Considering the circumstances, Stealth was being a nice event admin and trying to continue the hide and seek that was cut short. I understand that the gag may seem unjustified but it is the collective annoyance that probably justified the gag. For example if we had boss and 9 people complained that the boss was bad, that 10th person may be the last straw and they may gag that person. Did people 1-9 deserve a gag, maybe, but that 10th person got the brunt of the punishment because they are the ones who pushed it too far. For this situation stealth may have been tired of people and decided  to gag isuck.

Now the response by isuck is what justifies the ban. He reconnected. No instead of talking in steam, instead of talking on the mic, or instead of just shutting up he decided to do the one thing that can lead to a punishment.

In my opinion the only point of contention is the gag itself but like I explained before a gag is better than ruining the whole event.
Vroom Vroom

For the Boys

#44 OFFLINE   isuck

isuck

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • PlayerID 12278

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

I dont have him on steam! I my mic sucks and i cant talk because of that.

And you're one to talk you can just freely respawn and not even get a kick...

fucking favouritism on this server

#45 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

View PostTwilight Sparkle, on 22 December 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

and another thing,

even if stealth would've gotten mad at me, he wouldnt have had the authority to gag me anyways (remember? there was a big talk mbout this like a year ago, resulting in admins not being allowed to punish other admins)
Me banning Chibby after he started ragebanning people on server ^^

Also I have my own experiences on giving comments about holding events and getting raged at. Not just this iSuck case.

Edited by Rescape, 22 December 2012 - 11:59 PM.

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#46 OFFLINE   BonBons

BonBons

Commander

• Events Team

• 667 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:5638617

• PlayerID 1411

• LocationCanada, Ontario

Users Awards

Add him on steam it takes 10sec.
Buy my gear from my shop pls: http://wowmod.eu/top...-crafters-shop/  http://corrupcrafters.webs.com

Posted Image

Never tell your password to anyone.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
11:19 PM - on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: Crypt: sometimes i wonder to myself what islife
Crypt: but then i say vroom vroom
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: dude
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: ur gonna make me cry
Crypt: -Bigi ft Tupac

RIP.

"if you elect me as admin i promise to bring justice to the wowmod community, i will find and terminate the alqeda terrorist known as big al" - Zakery123

#47 OFFLINE   Bigi

Bigi

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Steam shoansaf357

• PlayerID 1040

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

I dont know what happend much here and why pple do theese shit but ill say 1 thing:

Its a game where u get pwnd or pwn and pple will troll u. Being an admin means u should be able to handle this and not bann the 1st person who says somthing offensive. This will lead to people leaving simply cause u make it unfun to play on the server. I myself got gagged for no reason and when rejoind got banned.

Some admins here are abit fast on the trigger here and that should change, simple as that.

#48 OFFLINE   isuck

isuck

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • PlayerID 12278

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Yea or he could just give me the reason he gagged me...... like a normal person should

#49 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostBigi, on 23 December 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

I dont know what happend much here and why pple do theese shit but ill say 1 thing:

Its a game where u get pwnd or pwn and pple will troll u. Being an admin means u should be able to handle this and not bann the 1st person who says somthing offensive. This will lead to people leaving simply cause u make it unfun to play on the server. I myself got gagged for no reason and when rejoind got banned.

Some admins here are abit fast on the trigger here and that should change, simple as that.
It happened over year ago... Get over it mate!

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#50 OFFLINE   isuck

isuck

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • PlayerID 12278

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

lets just wait till we see what tristen/stinky/porta thinks about it, i'm not the one who should teach the admins how to behave just pointing out this error.

#51 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostRescape, on 23 December 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

It happened over year ago... Get over it mate!
You are speaking to Bigi...

I will sum-up the situation and lock the topic.

To iSuck:
1. ban was expected, but yet everyone would reconnect including myself (on other servers). I would say gag needs to be improved or not used.
2. You were gagged for negative attitude towards events admin, these people are very sensitive, make sure you don't hurt them in the future.

To Stealth:
1. Criticism (I never said it is only constructive) is very common while working with people directly, for instance events. Please be higher it and ignore the flame unless it gets ridiculous. A good example is Hani ignoring bigi over months, which is not an easy task at all.
2. GJ on holding event

To admins:
Let's not use Bans for reconnects, from side of admin it is evaluated as "avoiding gag", but seriously its just natural human behavior.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#52 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 913 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

View Postisuck, on 22 December 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

3. Ban me since I want to know why I was gagged. (causing me to get pissed of and make this forum post) (making me miss my favourite event) (making me lose 1 gold since I always win hns :P)

You made an offensive comment as: "Seekers suck". I think that shows slight ungratefullness/disrespect towards them taking their own time to do something for others enjoyment, without getting anything in return.

As you mentioned, you dont have them in steam, from which i can tell you dont know them that well. It is not that common to think that when some stranger insults you for no obvious reason, he would be kidding. (say, you're doing charity work, and then some stranger just comes and says you suck at it)

Also you're supposed to bring admin misjudgements to the forum. Not try to avoid the punishment on server.

Edited by Twilight Sparkle, 23 December 2012 - 12:26 AM.

[12:10] Winters:back in my days
of being young and handsome
[12:10] Father Tios: xD
[12:10] Winters: now im only handsome
<.<

21:29 - #Stinkyfax: i'm sending you my sad waves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users