WoW mod forum is desolated. If you are looking for us - join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/KqaKUPB . With love and gratitude, Stinkyfax.

Warrior tank

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Zallan

Zallan

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Steam dani0076

• LocationNorway

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

HP nerf incoming which will partially hurt warriors,

Okay... so you buff weapon damage and nerf hp on warrior, [sarcasm] this is just great for protection warriors, thats exactly what they needed more damage and less tankish! [/sarcasm] I really do hope you have an idea what to do with prot warrior.

Had to make a new topic cuz the other one was locked so I could say my opinion about this nerf.
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

I will explain you the reasoning of hp nerf.
Damage formula is: Console_hit * A + DPS * B
We greatly increased A and reduced B which has let to everyoen's damage increase but also reduced importance of DPS.
HP = 150 + level + C * stamina

with change of A and B we have DPS (str and other +dps things have become way less 'awesome')
Stamina has been left unchanged, meaning it's power has not been reduced compared to Strength.

Now we have Warriors with 350 hp and shamans with 180 hp dealing about same damage.
Let's say tank has 0 DPS and Shaman has 50 dps.
with 100ak headshot Tank will deal around 80 dmg and Shaman around 90 dmg.
The fun part is that Tank has twice more hp making Tank much better option.

Solution: Since Strength, and other DPS'ing attributes like Intellect have been nerfed, we need to nerf Stamina as well.

Therefore I will not accept your sarcasm.

P.S. I know that recent changes made tanks more DPS less Survive, we might change it later.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users