WoW mod forum is desolated. If you are looking for us - join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/KqaKUPB . With love and gratitude, Stinkyfax.

holding boss hostange for gold and a LOT of it

read above

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Stealth

Stealth

Knight

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:0:6750859

• PlayerID 1390

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Apparently it's my fault people were not doing boss because i am not running around constantly paying attention to people that aren't doing boss.

#42 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostTwilight Sparkle, on 09 December 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

isnt "doing nothing" count as sabotaging an event or whatever, and usually worth a 60-minutes ban?

Thats at least what i did before/would do (meaning they cant play during the event anymore).

Tho i don't completely understand the situation here.

(some people refused to play and wanted gold as a reward so they'd play? or wat?)
Well I personally always wait for someone proper to die so I can get him as infernal and get to tanking and that is similar to this situation (but probably lasts less time) and nobody has wanted to give sanctions about it. Except Porta, he hates warlocks.
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#43 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

You made me smile, thanks to Tristen actually describing the concept of "boss hostage".

I definitely do not see Stealth's fault here, but would like him to do next thing in the future.

If "everyone" dies (all who had high enough threat to be in fight) and there are only "boss hostages" and other time-consuming people like hiding priests to do the resurrections, I suggest just sm_slay them, or sm_timebomb or sm_evilrocket :D Feel free to choose the tool you like most.

[EDIT:TRISTEN:BECAUSEICAN]
I would like to note here that I sense a belief that... jeez i'll get to the point i promise, really I dont get the chance to edit Stinky's posts very often and i'll use this opportunity to the fullest.

Some people seem to think that the Admin Hierarchy goes like this..

Root Admin > Enforcer Admin > Event Admin

With "enforcer" or regular admin being above event admins. This is not the case. it is really something like..

Root Admin > (Enforcer Admin & Event Admin)

Event admins have been granted special commands to do events, with them comes the responsibility and trust to not totally wreck the game and cheat their faces off and give items out like a madman... because they have the commands to do it.

So, If your attending an event as any type of admin and you see anyone that needs to be brought "in line" don't wait for the person who's doing the boss to do it, they have their hands full, You have admin powers for a reason. (To use effectively, NOT abuse.)
[/EDIT:TRISTEN]

Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#44 OFFLINE   Porta

Porta

Bureaucrat Mikey

• Administrators

• 945 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

If there was anykinda "we dont play if u guys dont pay us x amount of gold" kinda thing... i smell longish ban inc :)

*DEAD* Evander : well, a little hack isn't a bad thing

[WC] Klashnekoff dealt 240% damage (140% KPR, 0% Low LVL)
[WC] (Your level: 85, Server average: 62, Klashnekoff's level: 85)
[WC] (Temporary Debug info). KPR INFO: kills - 9, rounds - 2, KPR penalty 30

^ not funny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users