stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:38 PM

Bots are removed on the wowmod server as an interesting resolution to attract more players.

It was advised by D3vil to do so.

Sorry, too lazy to extract all the info, so dumping the whole history:

7:49 PM - D3vil: hey stinky long time no see mate
7:49 PM - #Stinkyfax: hello
7:49 PM - #Stinkyfax: yah, i don't even remember you nick...
7:50 PM - D3vil: lol it has been awhile i was the guy who was in the army if the helps?
7:50 PM - D3vil: british army
7:50 PM - #Stinkyfax: uh oh, not sure i remember, anything more unique? half of wowmod community were in army :D
7:50 PM - D3vil: lmfao not really then i was just a very avid player on the server haha
7:51 PM - #Stinkyfax: :) ok
7:51 PM - D3vil: the reason i wanted to talk was im gonna try and get the server populated again and was hopng that i could upload some maps get rid of bots ect to make it more lowbie friendly
7:52 PM - #Stinkyfax: current map rotation is well polished for new players
7:52 PM - D3vil: and more appealing as alot of people ive spoke to were surprised there was a cataclysm mod
7:52 PM - #Stinkyfax: bots are quite easy, but if needed, i can make them weaker
7:52 PM - D3vil: id say get rid of them altogether
7:53 PM - #Stinkyfax: i don't see how not having bots will help people when there are no players
7:53 PM - D3vil: people look at servers with bots that are modded and deliberately avoid them
7:53 PM - #Stinkyfax: oh i see
7:53 PM - #Stinkyfax: 0/30 looks better
7:54 PM - D3vil: no but it looks better than 8/30 bots 8
7:54 PM - #Stinkyfax: ok, i don't mind removing bots as a test run for several weeks
7:55 PM - D3vil: and maybe some new maps would help alot of populare servers have a variety of maps to choose from
7:55 PM - D3vil: where as other than a couple of texture maps we are pretty standard
7:56 PM - #Stinkyfax: and maybe not.  it is a highly debatable topic, eveyrone has his own opitnio nand favourite map
7:56 PM - D3vil: yeah which is why if there were more maps you have more chance of attracting ppl who search for specific maps also
7:57 PM - D3vil: im not trying to take the piss i just miss the server and am trying to get new blood in
7:57 PM - #Stinkyfax: yes
7:57 PM - D3vil: anyway we can give free xp as an incentive?
7:57 PM - #Stinkyfax: maps - i am not going to make the change, the best i think would be make it dd2 24/7
7:58 PM - #Stinkyfax: but i'll leave small rotation as it is now, for those who get tired playing single map forever
7:58 PM - D3vil: i think its a mistake about the maps the standard ones are boring and outdated where as there are newer versions and improved versions out there?
7:59 PM - D3vil: even if you keep the maps but replace with improved versions
7:59 PM - #Stinkyfax: it is also a mistake to assume that bigger means better
7:59 PM - D3vil: not even the amount of maps just different ones is my suggstion
7:59 PM - #Stinkyfax: yes, i understand
7:59 PM - #Stinkyfax: u're talking about dd2 umlimited, office extended, etc
7:59 PM - D3vil: yeah
7:59 PM - #Stinkyfax: they are awesome for 30v30, or even 15v15
7:59 PM - #Stinkyfax: but 2v2, no  - they are worse
8:00 PM - D3vil: then we should have a coiuple of aim maps and texture maps for low populus matches>
8:00 PM - #Stinkyfax: anyway, maps topic - i have my own opinion, i will not change them currently. maybe after there is a stable online and they all come to forum asking for a change - then yes
8:01 PM - #Stinkyfax: but you won't believe, how many people just private message me in steam saying that they know a silver bullet
8:01 PM - D3vil: when was the last time you saw a player in the server lol
8:01 PM - #Stinkyfax: the same time i stopped developing wowmod
8:02 PM - D3vil: are you moving onto anything else?
8:02 PM - D3vil: or stopped deving completely
8:02 PM - #Stinkyfax: i have my own plans, but it is not games related
8:02 PM - D3vil: fair enough you have been a genius with the wowmod in my opinion just think its a shame to see it wasted
8:03 PM - #Stinkyfax: as i said - go ahead and give it a try.. maps - i won't change it now
8:03 PM - D3vil: ill try

I hope I did not post any sensitive data there :)

If nothing changes, bots will be returned back in several weeks. But let's hope for the better.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#2 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:15 AM

Inb4 filled servers
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#3 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

As you might guessed, it did not work. A guy decided to switch "i am away" mode, when tried to contact him.
Life is amazing, moving on. Bots restored.

#4 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 03 April 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

As you might guessed, it did not work. A guy decided to switch "i am away" mode, when tried to contact him.
Life is amazing, moving on. Bots restored.
Politicians in a nutshell
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#5 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostWookie, on 03 April 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

Politicians in a nutshell
Sadly that is just how 90% of those people who come here and suggest changes behave.

#6 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:31 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 04 April 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

Sadly that is just how 90% of those people who come here and suggest changes behave.
Do the people who belong to the minorities get any kind of social and/or humanitarian benefits?
- Cave Johnson

#7 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostWookie, on 04 April 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

Do the people who belong to the minorities get any kind of social and/or humanitarian benefits?
I did get what and why you are asking me.

#8 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:32 PM

another interesting solution could be trying csgo :xdnew:

also switching maps is a great idea, all the maps are old, overplayed, and not appealing.
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] Echo of the Elements
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#9 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:27 AM

View Postdjango, on 07 April 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

also switching maps is a great idea, all the maps are old, overplayed, and not appealing.
The thing is, "trying" cs:go requires an investment and a lot of time - and has been tried. At least removing bots wasn't a path filled with doom.
- Cave Johnson

#10 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

View Postdjango, on 07 April 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

I thought u gave up already.

http://wowmod.eu/top...ont-understand/

I missed playing it a little bit but dont worry I wont make an attempt again after today. you guys can close the thread if u want

Edited by Rescape, 08 April 2015 - 11:31 AM.

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#11 OFFLINE   Ancklebitter

Ancklebitter

Sergeant

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Steam Local Smuggler

• LocationBulgaria

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:50 PM

Honestly, I can't play Source for some awkward reasons (launch issues) + I am used to GO now. How many people are currently playing WoWMod. I'll be 3h/7days online per week. Me and my friends are playing WoWMod on addicted since v34 and Im absolutly sure they would again only if it was more accessible.

(P.S. I don't really encourage you doing it, since it need resources and time.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users