Roxzes

Private

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Steam neon4550

• PlayerID 141581

• LocationNorway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:10 AM

i wood recomend runing an event 1 or 2 a week that wood increse the ppl playing on the server its not fun playing vs only bots any more
Its Better to be HATED for what u are than Be LOVED for what ur not!!

#2 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:34 AM

Or transfering the game to CS:GO as there are 10x more players.
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] Echo of the Elements
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#3 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

View Postdjango, on 16 March 2015 - 04:34 AM, said:

Or transfering the game to CS:GO as there are 10x more players.
According to gametracker, there are 31600 CSGO players in non-valve servers. There are 28653 servers that gametracker tracks.
In CS:S, there are 21212 players in 4331 servers. That's only about 50% more players spread across 800% more servers... On average, 1.1 people per CSGO server vs. 4.9 in CS:S servers.
The CSGO population is way more interested in Valve's matchmaking.
12:12 PM - Porta: tas is pony faggot
12:12 PM - Porta: dont trust him
- - - - -
PacmaN :   BITCH I GOT A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE

Panda. Cat.

#4 OFFLINE   BonBons

BonBons

Commander

• Events Team

• 667 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:5638617

• PlayerID 1411

• LocationCanada, Ontario

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

When we used to run events we had to have a min amount of players. If you can get a decent amount of players to join the server I will do events again. But until then I will not, and I doubt an other event admin will.

Even when we had boss and hide and seek we would have some amount of server population until the event ended. Sooner or later people would just not show up for the events. It happens, nothing is for ever.
Buy my gear from my shop pls: http://wowmod.eu/top...-crafters-shop/  http://corrupcrafters.webs.com

Posted Image

Never tell your password to anyone.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
11:19 PM - on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: Crypt: sometimes i wonder to myself what islife
Crypt: but then i say vroom vroom
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: dude
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: ur gonna make me cry
Crypt: -Bigi ft Tupac

RIP.

"if you elect me as admin i promise to bring justice to the wowmod community, i will find and terminate the alqeda terrorist known as big al" - Zakery123

#5 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

View PostBonBons, on 16 March 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

When we used to run events we had to have a min amount of players. If you can get a decent amount of players to join the server I will do events again. But until then I will not, and I doubt an other event admin will.

Even when we had boss and hide and seek we would have some amount of server population until the event ended. Sooner or later people would just not show up for the events. It happens, nothing is for ever.
^This. Hosting events to 6 players was just useless. You weren't able to kill bosses, and nobody cared for quizes. Also pure fact that 90% of players thought that bosses were supposed to be free loot meant we would have had same result with less effort if we used 1hp frozen bot as boss.

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#6 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:46 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 16 March 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

According to gametracker, there are 31600 CSGO players in non-valve servers. There are 28653 servers that gametracker tracks.
In CS:S, there are 21212 players in 4331 servers. That's only about 50% more players spread across 800% more servers... On average, 1.1 people per CSGO server vs. 4.9 in CS:S servers.
The CSGO population is way more interested in Valve's matchmaking.

Rather than using Gametracker start up CS:go and check the matchmaking yourself.. Gametracker is no where near accurate you can check the game yourself whenever you start up a matchmaking it tells you how many are online and how many are searching in matchmaking. Community servers are far more populated than the Valve servers there is really no arguement over this.
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#7 OFFLINE   Ancklebitter

Ancklebitter

Sergeant

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Steam Local Smuggler

• LocationBulgaria

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 16 March 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

According to gametracker, there are 31600 CSGO players in non-valve servers.

Are you still not getting that part?

#8 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 912 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

Posted Image
[12:10] Winters:back in my days
of being young and handsome
[12:10] Father Tios: xD
[12:10] Winters: now im only handsome
<.<

21:29 - #Stinkyfax: i'm sending you my sad waves

#9 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:01 PM

View PostAncklebitter, on 17 March 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

Are you still not getting that part?

Are you still not getting the part that it peaks at 500-600k daily, and no more than 10000 do matchmaking. I doubt hundreds of thousands idle at the main menu.

Anyway I'm done arguing about it CS:GO is more popular than CSS by far if you dont think so I honestly have no words to say lhh.

#10 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

View Postdjango, on 18 March 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

Are you still not getting the part that it peaks at 500-600k daily, and no more than 10000 do matchmaking. I doubt hundreds of thousands idle at the main menu.

Anyway I'm done arguing about it CS:GO is more popular than CSS by far if you dont think so I honestly have no words to say lhh.
How do you figure there is "no more than 10000" in matchmaking?

Also nobody is arguing that CS:S is more popular... We're arguing about the popularity of uniquely modded community servers.

Editing in for a comparison:
On FaceIT, a 3rd-party alternative to Valve's matchmaking, there are currently 500 online matches(10 players per match, so 5000 people). On ESEA(also a 3rd-party alternative, however this one has a paid subscription), there are ~1500 people playing in EU only. If there are this many players in 3rd-party alternatives to matchmaking, how many would you guess are still using Valve's?
- - - - -

Panda. Cat.

#11 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:55 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 18 March 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

Also nobody is arguing that CS:S is more popular... We're arguing about the popularity of uniquely modded community servers.

On FaceIT, a 3rd-party alternative to Valve's matchmaking, there are currently 500 online matches(10 players per match, so 5000 people). On ESEA(also a 3rd-party alternative, however this one has a paid subscription), there are ~1500 people playing in EU only. If there are this many players in 3rd-party alternatives to matchmaking, how many would you guess are still using Valve's?
10k, he just said that. you blind fool!
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#12 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:50 AM

I can see how all the non-IDLE servers can live and prosper in the CSGO gaming community
Posted Image
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#13 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 18 March 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

Let me walk you through step by step infact everybody step by step. Stop using gametracker you can check everything within the game itself, most 3rd party websites need you to register your server. I created my own SRCDS server and it did not show up on gametracker just to make sure it doesnt auto assign. Okay here we go.

Step 1. Start Steam
Step 2. Sign in
Step 3. Launch Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Step 4.Click Play
Step 5. Click Find a Game
Step 6. Select which gamemode you would like to see.

Community Made Servers Guide!
-Repeat Steps 1-4
Step 5. Click Browse Community Servers

Now after following all of these steps it will tell you how many players are currently playing CS:GO and how many are searching the gamemode you selected and you will notice there is not alot. Now to check community made servers look back up to the steps above. This is not hard to do Gametracker is not accurate it doesn't constantly ping servers and it does not pick up every server. I wont argue the fact that quite a bit of people idle however I can argue the fact that if this community would like to possibly have another attempt that a CS:GO server now would be a great idea. When there was a Wowmod server on CS:GO not only did CS:GO have less than 1/4 the population it has now but it wasn't up very long at all. That is the only point I am trying to prove. However nobody seems to understand that people are arguing and saying that CS:GO has all of its players in idle servers or all of its players are in Valve matchmaking when that isn't accurate and by saying this by the way is making me assume that youre saying CSS has more players actively playing on Community servers which also is extremely inaccurate. But whatever I'm done arguing this point once again if you dont want to believe me then you dont have to I showed you all step by step how to check yourself without using a 3rd party website. By the way why are you using 3rd party website? You can check it all from the game itself.

#14 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:22 PM

View Postdjango, on 19 March 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Let me walk you through step by step infact everybody step by step. Stop using gametracker you can check everything within the game itself, most 3rd party websites need you to register your server. I created my own SRCDS server and it did not show up on gametracker just to make sure it doesnt auto assign. Okay here we go.

Step 1. Start Steam
Step 2. Sign in
Step 3. Launch Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Step 4.Click Play
Step 5. Click Find a Game
Step 6. Select which gamemode you would like to see.

Community Made Servers Guide!
-Repeat Steps 1-4
Step 5. Click Browse Community Servers

Now after following all of these steps it will tell you how many players are currently playing CS:GO and how many are searching the gamemode you selected and you will notice there is not alot. Now to check community made servers look back up to the steps above. This is not hard to do Gametracker is not accurate it doesn't constantly ping servers and it does not pick up every server. I wont argue the fact that quite a bit of people idle however I can argue the fact that if this community would like to possibly have another attempt that a CS:GO server now would be a great idea. When there was a Wowmod server on CS:GO not only did CS:GO have less than 1/4 the population it has now but it wasn't up very long at all. That is the only point I am trying to prove. However nobody seems to understand that people are arguing and saying that CS:GO has all of its players in idle servers or all of its players are in Valve matchmaking when that isn't accurate and by saying this by the way is making me assume that youre saying CSS has more players actively playing on Community servers which also is extremely inaccurate. But whatever I'm done arguing this point once again if you dont want to believe me then you dont have to I showed you all step by step how to check yourself without using a 3rd party website. By the way why are you using 3rd party website? You can check it all from the game itself.
Wow, thanks to that amazing guide, I was once again able to find the same misleading information you found!
I'm assuming you meant this:
Posted Image
The first number is how many people are in CS:GO(in any gamemode, server, or even people starting at the main screen). The second number is how many people are currently queued for the gamemode I selected. The third are the amount of servers hosting this gamemode.
Another thing to note: I changed my maximum ping allowed for servers and queued again. Got 7500 people who are also in queue. So that seems to have something to do with it as well.

How exactly does this point to the fact that there are only 10,000 people playing matchmaking? Unless you're implying players spend 60% of their time queueing for a match, that's literally just a made up number that you're trying to use as proof.
The only reason I used gametracker is because Valve doesn't give out information regarding the concurrent amount of players on it's official servers. It doesn't. Only people who are also queueing is shown. Go ahead, prove me wrong. Find a place in the game where it says "THERE ARE X PLAYERS CURRENTLY PLAYING THIS OFFICIAL GAMEMODE". Though I guess it'd be pointless for you to try to find information that proves your point wrong.
This is also the reason I used FaceIT and ESEA. They actually DO give information on the amount of concurrent players. Even though they obviously have only a very small fraction of the population of Valve's matchmaking, it was all I needed to prove your "there are only 10,000 people playing matchmaking" as bullshit.

"people are arguing and saying that CS:GO has all of its players in idle servers"
I believe the quote you're referring to is "I totally didn't pull this out of my ass, but the other 80% of the players are on idle servers"? If you honestly thought he was serious... Nevermind I won't even go there.

If CS:S had 10,000 active players with 40% of them interested in modded servers, I'd gladly take that over CS:GO having over 100,000 active community servers people of which only 1% are interested. It is true that CS:GO is growing in popularity, but this is due to the esports scene. It's attracting mostly people who play CS:GO for CS:GO, not for any cool modded servers. Maybe eventually we'll get to the point where people are experimenting and trying modded servers, but the majority of players seem to be content with vanilla CS:GO for now.
- - - - -

Panda. Cat.

#15 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:30 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 19 March 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

Wow, thanks to that amazing guide, I was once again able to find the same misleading information you found!
I'm assuming you meant this:
Posted Image
The first number is how many people are in CS:GO(in any gamemode, server, or even people starting at the main screen). The second number is how many people are currently queued for the gamemode I selected. The third are the amount of servers hosting this gamemode.
Another thing to note: I changed my maximum ping allowed for servers and queued again. Got 7500 people who are also in queue. So that seems to have something to do with it as well.

How exactly does this point to the fact that there are only 10,000 people playing matchmaking? Unless you're implying players spend 60% of their time queueing for a match, that's literally just a made up number that you're trying to use as proof.
The only reason I used gametracker is because Valve doesn't give out information regarding the concurrent amount of players on it's official servers. It doesn't. Only people who are also queueing is shown. Go ahead, prove me wrong. Find a place in the game where it says "THERE ARE X PLAYERS CURRENTLY PLAYING THIS OFFICIAL GAMEMODE". Though I guess it'd be pointless for you to try to find information that proves your point wrong.
This is also the reason I used FaceIT and ESEA. They actually DO give information on the amount of concurrent players. Even though they obviously have only a very small fraction of the population of Valve's matchmaking, it was all I needed to prove your "there are only 10,000 people playing matchmaking" as bullshit.

"people are arguing and saying that CS:GO has all of its players in idle servers"
I believe the quote you're referring to is "I totally didn't pull this out of my ass, but the other 80% of the players are on idle servers"? If you honestly thought he was serious... Nevermind I won't even go there.

If CS:S had 10,000 active players with 40% of them interested in modded servers, I'd gladly take that over CS:GO having over 100,000 active community servers people of which only 1% are interested. It is true that CS:GO is growing in popularity, but this is due to the esports scene. It's attracting mostly people who play CS:GO for CS:GO, not for any cool modded servers. Maybe eventually we'll get to the point where people are experimenting and trying modded servers, but the majority of players seem to be content with vanilla CS:GO for now.

Load CS:GO Look at community servers.
Load CSS Look at Community Servers.
Compare the two then comment back??? Profit

#16 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

django, you seem to be ignoring my words purely to continue arguing with the community. You tell us of how important wowmod for cs:go for you is, yet you tell us you have no time. Despite of that, you spend hours writing up posts/guides for the sake of argument, instead of helping. Finally, you are flaming and accusing community, which you expect to help you.

You feed us the importance of yourself, that you are too "good" (busy + care about yours money) to host a server.

Here, I am not even interested in your arguments, because they are meaningless. And people not willing to spend their time, are not worth my time neither.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#17 OFFLINE   Porta

Porta

Bureaucrat Mikey

• Administrators

• 944 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:38 PM

Good old stinky :)

*DEAD* Evander : well, a little hack isn't a bad thing

[WC] Klashnekoff dealt 240% damage (140% KPR, 0% Low LVL)
[WC] (Your level: 85, Server average: 62, Klashnekoff's level: 85)
[WC] (Temporary Debug info). KPR INFO: kills - 9, rounds - 2, KPR penalty 30

^ not funny

#18 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

View Poststinkyfax, on 20 March 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

django, you seem to be ignoring my words purely to continue arguing with the community. You tell us of how important wowmod for cs:go for you is, yet you tell us you have no time. Despite of that, you spend hours writing up posts/guides for the sake of argument, instead of helping. Finally, you are flaming and accusing community, which you expect to help you.

You feed us the importance of yourself, that you are too "good" (busy + care about yours money) to host a server.

Here, I am not even interested in your arguments, because they are meaningless. And people not willing to spend their time, are not worth my time neither.

Yes my replies took me hours :lol:

#19 OFFLINE   Porta

Porta

Bureaucrat Mikey

• Administrators

• 944 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:04 AM

Django, you are just....

*DEAD* Evander : well, a little hack isn't a bad thing

[WC] Klashnekoff dealt 240% damage (140% KPR, 0% Low LVL)
[WC] (Your level: 85, Server average: 62, Klashnekoff's level: 85)
[WC] (Temporary Debug info). KPR INFO: kills - 9, rounds - 2, KPR penalty 30

^ not funny

#20 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

Ive said I was done about 30 times lol idk why keep going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users