Jump to content


Gaming mouse


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

    Administrator

  • Administrators

  • 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

  • PlayerID 1001

  • LocationUK

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

I am looking to buy a new mouse. My current (5 years old) clicks are wearing off, so its time to get new. Other than clicks it still is amazing, and I feel sad that I need to replace it for such a small annoying malfunction.

Anyway, the current one is:
Posted Image


I like the ergonomic design and am looking for something similar with a record of robustness (that it doesn't break after several years of heavy use).

Suggestions please? What brands are currently trustworthy, I heard many rumors that steelseries and razer are not as good as they were years ago...

(Budget - up to 100 eur)
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#2 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

    Detective Rescape

  • Events Team

  • 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland


Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:43 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 01 March 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

I am looking to buy a new mouse. My current (5 years old) clicks are wearing off, so its time to get new. Other than clicks it still is amazing, and I feel sad that I need to replace it for such a small annoying malfunction.

Anyway, the current one is:
Posted Image


I like the ergonomic design and am looking for something similar with a record of robustness (that it doesn't break after several years of heavy use).

Suggestions please? What brands are currently trustworthy, I heard many rumors that steelseries and razer are not as good as they were years ago...

(Budget - up to 100 eur)
MX518 is actually amazing. Only problem I have is that it doesn't have drivers for windows 8+.

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#3 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

    Administrator

  • Administrators

  • 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

  • PlayerID 1001

  • LocationUK

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

Oh one more thing, i want a mouse which doesn't require drivers.. I use linux a lot, and screw mice with bloatware without a reason.
mx518 is out of my budget.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#4 OFFLINE   Zallan

Zallan

    Sergeant Major

  • Members
  • 137 posts
  • Steam dani0076

  • LocationNorway


Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:41 PM

The design looks like Zowie AM-GS Mouse which requires no driver, never tried it myself. Quite happy with my razer deathadder but I doubt it will last for more than 1-2 years
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

    Administrator

  • Administrators

  • 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

  • PlayerID 1001

  • LocationUK

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

Yes, looking on reddit and few other forums, Zowie seems to be a new thing at the moment.

I was looking into Zowie EC1-A and EC2-A today. Look nice, and I really need these extra buttons on the side for voice-chat and WoW
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#6 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

    Administrator

  • Administrators

  • 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

  • PlayerID 1001

  • LocationUK

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

Zowie ec2-a is bought. Will let you know how it feels once arrived.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#7 OFFLINE   bafrio

bafrio

    Private

  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:35 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 03 March 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

Zowie ec2-a is bought. Will let you know how it feels once arrived.
How is it? Am pretty interested in zowie mouses too

#8 OFFLINE   django

django

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:40 AM

Razor naga. Great gaming mouse.
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] Echo of the Elements
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] Echo of the Elements
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] Echo of the Elements
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#9 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

    Administrator

  • Administrators

  • 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

  • PlayerID 1001

  • LocationUK

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:20 AM

View Postbafrio, on 19 March 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

How is it? Am pretty interested in zowie mouses too
Excellent quality for the money you pay. It might feel (material) worse than $200 mice, but mind you, it costs only $70. Sensor is same as in all modern top mice, 2 side buttons, semi-adjustable DPI.

Yah, if you do not want to spend $200, this one is perfect :) Otherwise most recommend deathadder. Read up this subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#10 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

    Detective Rescape

  • Events Team

  • 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland


Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

View Postdjango, on 20 March 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

Razor naga. Great gaming mouse.
My friends complain that it does double clicking randomly. Makes it unreliable in some games.

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users