#1 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 912 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

So anyone up for a game(s) of CIV5? I've asked a couple of people thus far and a few have shown interest in joining.

You can pretty much count in Dessu & me being in.

Ill try to talk sky to try it as well, although idk if he can.

It'd be cool to get those big games running again :D

Ill prolly be asking people the coming weekend... So if you're interested post: If you're busy this weekend, if so, what times are fine for you. Also, your expansions.. :D
[12:10] Winters:back in my days
of being young and handsome
[12:10] Father Tios: xD
[12:10] Winters: now im only handsome
<.<

21:29 - #Stinkyfax: i'm sending you my sad waves

#2 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:48 PM

Brave new world expansion is a must, i hope we play exactly that.

I might be able to join if there are at least 3 people already :) and if agreed in advance, then pandalina is likely joining as well.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#3 OFFLINE   PartyFish

PartyFish

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Steam PartyFishâ„¢

• PlayerID 74969

• LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:21 PM

If someone buys me the game im in too xD
*I got no clue how to play it tho, gotta go learn*

#4 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:48 PM

So can someone well versed with Civ V vouch for the game? Would a person who was absolutely crazy about games such as Empire Earth II (now in museums) and Heroes of Might and Magic III (Related because is turn-based strategy)? I tried reading Steam page's reviews but all they wrote on the top ones was "How addicting the game is" (not so much as to why and how).
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#5 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:00 PM

View PostWookie, on 26 November 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

So can someone well versed with Civ V vouch for the game? Would a person who was absolutely crazy about games such as Empire Earth II (now in museums) and Heroes of Might and Magic III (Related because is turn-based strategy)? I tried reading Steam page's reviews but all they wrote on the top ones was "How addicting the game is" (not so much as to why and how).
I played Heroes 3 for 1000+ hours and also spent 400+ hours on Civ 5, so at least I liked it.
You need to get at least the Gods & Kings expansion though. Makes the game a lot more balanced. The tourism expansion was pretty meh, although it did add in some other good balance changes.
I'd suggest getting it during a sale rather than buying at full price though.
Off-topic note: Don't buy Democracy 3.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#6 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostWookie, on 26 November 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

both me and Pandalina loved heroes 3, and believe civ5 is even better :) Nothing beats heroes 3 "map farming" stage, but honestly heroes 3 has nothing more, you farm the map for 5 hours, have a single fight with an enemy, and game is over. I'd say heroes was the greatest illusionary game, where people believe it is interesting, but they just loved the grinding process and the feel of getting stronger, while there is very little Action.

CIV5 is different, the action can last for hours, in one match of us 5, I was having a never ending war with aurora (like proper fighting, each turn, no temporary piece or anything) for around 5 hours :D He finally gave up once I got into atom bombs stage.

Though there is a mistake people and us as well often made, we played CIV5 as a progress-race game, without any wars, everyone just focusing on growth... It isn't fun, its like playing LoL with everyone junglying forever.

#7 OFFLINE   PartyFish

PartyFish

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Steam PartyFishâ„¢

• PlayerID 74969

• LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostArioni, on 26 November 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

I played Heroes 3 for 1000+ hours and also spent 400+ hours on Civ 5
how nolifers show off.

#8 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:11 PM

Uh, I might hop in after mastering the game in a single casual difficulty bot game if the timing is not bad.
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#9 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

So.. Anyone up for a CIV5 today? Maybe in 1-3 hours.. Pandalina is looking forward to play :D

#10 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

Okay.. Planning on organising a CIV5 (Brave New World expansion) game next Saturday 13th of December. Anyone wants to join?

#11 OFFLINE   Oksana

Oksana

Private

• Administrators

• 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

No one=((

#12 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:08 PM

I wake up too early to be playing that late :P
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#13 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

My gpu is kinda broken. Can only handle desktop use/ light games. Gonna get new lne next week.

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#14 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:05 AM

View PostRescape, on 13 December 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

My gpu is kinda broken. Can only handle desktop use/ light games. Gonna get new lne next week.
Just making sure, but are you sure your PC is using the GPU within your PC and not the GPU of your motherboard? Happened to a friend and he bought a new GPU for no reason :D

#15 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:11 AM

View PostArioni, on 14 December 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

Just making sure, but are you sure your PC is using the GPU within your PC and not the GPU of your motherboard? Happened to a friend and he bought a new GPU for no reason :D
It's overheating problem after 4 years of 8 hours a day use. I'm pretty sure problem is not there.

Edited by Rescape, 14 December 2014 - 06:11 AM.

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#16 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:10 PM

Need more civ players; turns out Hanii is a really passive player.
- Cave Johnson

#17 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:01 AM

View PostWookie, on 28 December 2015 - 09:10 PM, said:

Need more civ players; turns out Hanii is a really passive player.
Hey I rushed down Aurora in our last game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users