WoW mod forum is desolated. If you are looking for us - join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/KqaKUPB . With love and gratitude, Stinkyfax.

CSGO Rogue Vanish

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Oob

Oob

Marshal

• Members
  • 921 posts
  • Steam noname2tellu

• PlayerID 1669

• LocationMainChar: 1796

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:37 AM

Vanish > run straight up to enemy > shotgun face + evade (if needed)

Changes were made on source version to prevent this derpiness (damage breaking vanish / being revealed if you are close).

One can only hope that something will be done for go (specially since rogues don't show up at all while vanished).
Old Hits.
Spoiler

Hatchling #CA : DK should be OP since it is a donator class

Mazz: I will say that YOU are not looking at the talent tree correctly.
Attack Power means nothing for an unholy / frost DK

Nov 14,2013: [WC] You cast Frostbolt at Derek and deal 94 damage with a slowdown effect (Affected by: Critical)
Nov 17,2013: (versus mage boss) [WC]You cast Frostbolt at BonBons and deal 165 damage with a slowdown effect (Affected by:Critical)
For norm frostbolt of about 40 in this setup I say that is rather good :D..

#2 OFFLINE   Infected

Infected

Corporal

• Server Admin

• 41 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:53061343

• LocationHeinola, Finland

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:43 AM

I totally agree with oob, since that shiat is OP, becouse you cant spot em from radar and they dont have the fade when they get closer to you.... thats just.. no..
PartyFishâ„¢: just buy me sex doll to fuck and vodka and i wont play for 1 month

#3 OFFLINE   Bajjtish

Bajjtish

Mannen, Myten, Legenden

• Members
  • 830 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:28908850

• PlayerID 24089

• LocationSweden

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:15 AM

View PostOob, on 11 May 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

Vanish > run straight up to enemy > shotgun face + evade (if needed)

Changes were made on source version to prevent this derpiness (damage breaking vanish / being revealed if you are close).

One can only hope that something will be done for go (specially since rogues don't show up at all while vanished).

So you want to make Rogues super useless?

E: Hani also said that he was hotfixing rogues too

#4 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:08 AM

View PostBajjtish, on 11 May 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

If rogues get a free, safe ticket to enemy flanking, their flat-out dueling skills should not be allowed to be a commendable threat since it'd make the flanking part too overwhelming. That's probably what they're after.
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#5 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostBajjtish, on 11 May 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

bad excuse to give them a 100% kill ticket.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#6 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

Should you find no solution to revert CSS stealth to CSGO, one way to change it could be that vanish would gradually drain your energy instead of flat amount -> regain while in vanish, for example 10 energy per second and it halts energy regeneration. This makes sure that rogue has to think how he uses his vanish and some talent trees that hang around vanish could spin around this mechanic to make vanish more viable to them.
What it would lead in is that rogue would be unable to instapop evade/crap after making his way behind a poor priest looking for donations. The rogue either has to sacrifice vanish time or post-vanish damage when he decides to disappear.
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#7 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:50 AM

or make it like mage invis - not see enemies.

#8 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

View Poststinkyfax, on 11 May 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

or make it like mage invis - not see enemies.
I can already imagine the story behind it :D
Posted Image

Edited by Wookie, 11 May 2014 - 07:52 AM.

- Cave Johnson

#9 OFFLINE   Bajjtish

Bajjtish

Mannen, Myten, Legenden

• Members
  • 830 posts

• PlayerID 24089

• LocationSweden

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 11 May 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

bad excuse to give them a 100% kill ticket.

View PostWookie, on 11 May 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

If rogues get a free, safe ticket to enemy flanking, their flat-out dueling skills should not be allowed to be a commendable threat since it'd make the flanking part too overwhelming. That's probably what they're after.

Not 100 % killticket

#10 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostBajjtish, on 11 May 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Not 100 % killticket
Well, the point is that if they can manage without vanish, having a vanish that strong would make them OP
- Cave Johnson

#11 OFFLINE   Bajjtish

Bajjtish

Mannen, Myten, Legenden

• Members
  • 830 posts

• PlayerID 24089

• LocationSweden

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostWookie, on 11 May 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

Well, the point is that if they can manage without vanish, having a vanish that strong would make them OP

But that would like delete everything thats fun with rogues ;______;

#12 OFFLINE   Infected

Infected

Corporal

• Server Admin

• 41 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

Well actually it is 100% free kill ticket if you can aim even a little.. -.- That vanish thing is stupidly OP and you cant deny that.
PartyFishâ„¢: just buy me sex doll to fuck and vodka and i wont play for 1 month

#13 OFFLINE   Bajjtish

Bajjtish

Mannen, Myten, Legenden

• Members
  • 830 posts

• PlayerID 24089

• LocationSweden

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostInfected, on 11 May 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

Well actually it is 100% free kill ticket if you can aim even a little.. -.- That vanish thing is stupidly OP and you cant deny that.

One thing that's stupidly OP is that some players can't even see some particles for instance i can't see when mages blink, or when rogues Vanish, they just disappear but i never felt like i was in a huge disadvantage against Rogues but against mage I really think the disadvantage was huge.

#14 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostBajjtish, on 11 May 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

One thing that's stupidly OP is that some players can't even see some particles for instance i can't see when mages blink, or when rogues Vanish, they just disappear but i never felt like i was in a huge disadvantage against Rogues but against mage I really think the disadvantage was huge.
Next time a Mage blinks (or go play a Mage and use Blink), open up your console and copypaste whatever popped up in there, if any. If there's a particle missing it should say so in your console. Should help us in fixing the problem.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#15 OFFLINE   Porta

Porta

Bureaucrat Mikey

• Administrators

• 944 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

if we could get rogues back to radar, that would help alot, it would help me atleast.. not everyone tho.. but still...

but i think that is not possible atleast as how vanish is atm

*DEAD* Evander : well, a little hack isn't a bad thing

[WC] Klashnekoff dealt 240% damage (140% KPR, 0% Low LVL)
[WC] (Your level: 85, Server average: 62, Klashnekoff's level: 85)
[WC] (Temporary Debug info). KPR INFO: kills - 9, rounds - 2, KPR penalty 30

^ not funny

#16 OFFLINE   Bajjtish

Bajjtish

Mannen, Myten, Legenden

• Members
  • 830 posts

• PlayerID 24089

• LocationSweden

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostPorta, on 11 May 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

if we could get rogues back to radar, that would help alot, it would help me atleast.. not everyone tho.. but still...

but i think that is not possible atleast as how vanish is atm

This would be good imho

#17 OFFLINE   Oob

Oob

Marshal

• Members
  • 921 posts
  • Steam noname2tellu

• PlayerID 1669

• LocationMainChar: 1796

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostWookie, on 11 May 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

Should you find no solution to revert CSS stealth to CSGO, one way to change it could be that vanish would gradually drain your energy instead of flat amount -> regain while in vanish, for example 10 energy per second and it halts energy regeneration. This makes sure that rogue has to think how he uses his vanish and some talent trees that hang around vanish could spin around this mechanic to make vanish more viable to them.
What it would lead in is that rogue would be unable to instapop evade/crap after making his way behind a poor priest looking for donations. The rogue either has to sacrifice vanish time or post-vanish damage when he decides to disappear.

Another idea, have some sort of dust cloud (like the initial vanish one, just less... er poofy and lighter?) while the rogue is running.

That way walking with vanish or standing still would be a good viable option (because there would be no dust cloud).

And that could open up the possibility of talents to remove the initial vanish cloud or increase the time between *poofs* while running and even some stuff while the rogue just stands still with vanish.
Old Hits.
Spoiler

Hatchling #CA : DK should be OP since it is a donator class

Mazz: I will say that YOU are not looking at the talent tree correctly.
Attack Power means nothing for an unholy / frost DK

Nov 14,2013: [WC] You cast Frostbolt at Derek and deal 94 damage with a slowdown effect (Affected by: Critical)
Nov 17,2013: (versus mage boss) [WC]You cast Frostbolt at BonBons and deal 165 damage with a slowdown effect (Affected by:Critical)
For norm frostbolt of about 40 in this setup I say that is rather good :D..

#18 OFFLINE   Infected

Infected

Corporal

• Server Admin

• 41 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

I dont know but that vanish is driving me crazy, it can't be broke, you cant see em in radar, you cant see theyre names if you aim at them? srsly do something to them tbh they are OP AS FUCK.

Edited by Infected, 12 May 2014 - 06:30 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

View PostInfected, on 12 May 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

I dont know but that vanish is driving me crazy, it can't be broke, you cant see em in radar, you cant see theyre names if you aim at them? srsly do something to them tbh they are OP AS FUCK.
fully agreed, it needs to be looked into asap.

#20 OFFLINE   Infected

Infected

Corporal

• Server Admin

• 41 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 12 May 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

fully agreed, it needs to be looked into asap.

Finally someone really gets this!!
Thank you, i love you stinky<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users