Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Steam PartyFishâ„¢

• PlayerID 74969

• LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

So today I was in spec and I did dmg to Tas with eye for an eye.
Screenshot: http://steamcommunit...36/screenshots/

#2 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

Kind of feels like when chip posted a pic about how some talent didn't work and he saw blue men and see through walls.
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#3 OFFLINE   PartyFish

PartyFish

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Steam PartyFishâ„¢

• PlayerID 74969

• LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostRaging, on 09 May 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

he saw blue men and see through walls.
O.o you are confusing me.. You mean Chip is alien and can see through walls? :P

#4 OFFLINE   katze

katze

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

That 4 dmg eye for an eye? If he was rogue it could be his poison dealing 12 dmg to you, and if you have 3/3 in eye for an eye it would return 4 dmg. I don't see why eye for an eye should reflect the dmg done to you when you are dead though.

The eye for an eye logic is not perfect in my opinion. Take this example, which has happened to me several times both as paladin and as an enemy of a paldin (with the eye for an eye talent):
If a paladin(3/3 eye for an eye) has 300 hp and an enemy with 100 hp shoots him and deals 300 dmg (100 dmg reflected), or 500(150 dmg reflected) or 1000 (300 dmg dmg reflected), the enemy will die first because the reflected dmg hits him before his damage hurts the paladin, and because he's then already dead his dmg won't hurt you.

#5 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

View Postkatze, on 09 May 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

That 4 dmg eye for an eye? If he was rogue it could be his poison dealing 12 dmg to you, and if you have 3/3 in eye for an eye it would return 4 dmg. I don't see why eye for an eye should reflect the dmg done to you when you are dead though.

The eye for an eye logic is not perfect in my opinion. Take this example, which has happened to me several times both as paladin and as an enemy of a paldin (with the eye for an eye talent):
If a paladin(3/3 eye for an eye) has 300 hp and an enemy with 100 hp shoots him and deals 300 dmg (100 dmg reflected), or 500(150 dmg reflected) or 1000 (300 dmg dmg reflected), the enemy will die first because the reflected dmg hits him before his damage hurts the paladin, and because he's then already dead his dmg won't hurt you.
i'm pretty sure both will die.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#6 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:10 AM

View Poststinkyfax, on 09 May 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

i'm pretty sure both will die.
I've seen it happen though - a standoff between a paladin and another player and the player nails the paladin with awp hs. Paladin survives taking no damage, but awp user dies to eye for an eye. (Paladin had low hp to begin with)
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users