Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

So yeah, I resorted to reinstalling my W7HP64x OS and now I'm in quite the pickle; Because I have no drivers whatsoever or anything of the sort, I can't connect my network or do any updating that would enable this. How am I supposed to find the necessary adapters or yet alone the adapters I am supposed to acquire?

And yeah, I'm a bit of a noob in this department.
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#2 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

Yes Wookie, everyone learned in school as a primary subject what W7HP64x OS means
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#3 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

View Poststinkyfax, on 04 May 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Yes Wookie, everyone learned in school as a primary subject what W7HP64x OS means
:D Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#4 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

Oh, I might've located a way to revert it, my old C: seems to have remained in a sub-location so I should be able to locate the necessary drivers, no?
- Cave Johnson

#5 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

ideally you shall not require any drivers, but if needed, you shall be able to find in 'support & drivers' section for your laptop official site.

#6 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

View Poststinkyfax, on 04 May 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

ideally you shall not require any drivers, but if needed, you shall be able to find in 'support & drivers' section for your laptop official site.
The reason why I am/was in need of drivers was because I was getting the error that goes something like "You have no network adapter driver installed, please follow these steps.." into "Windows was unable to fix the problem, here are a few useless links for you". When I looked at my device manager I noticed that I had absolutely no network related materials and my WLAN box would not do anything by itself.
- Cave Johnson

#7 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

you shall google for your PC/laptop model and see how ppl ovecame it, or find drivers for it.

#8 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

Well that's a pickle. I seeked out the Hardware ID of my Ethreal controller and seeked it from web to no avail, extracted my old files back to where they were (=> into usage) and used a program that scanned my everythingness and installed correspondent drivers. Still the same error T_T.
- Cave Johnson

#9 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostWookie, on 04 May 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Well that's a pickle. I seeked out the Hardware ID of my Ethreal controller and seeked it from web to no avail, extracted my old files back to where they were (=> into usage) and used a program that scanned my everythingness and installed correspondent drivers. Still the same error T_T.
you need model, not id. Also we don't even know the details to Google for you.
Laptop or pc
Internal Ethernet or external
Model of motherboard
Model of Ethernet

#10 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

PC, Asrock Z68 Pro3 is the motherboard,

internal ethernet:
Hardware IDs: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_81681849&REV_06
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_81681849
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_0200
Physical Device Object name: \Device\NTPNP_PCI0018
Display name: Ethernet Controller
If those do not suffice, idk what's up with it. The display name probably has something to do with it not having any drivers => not being read

It's also worth mentioning that I have other devices also "with no drivers": PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller, Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller and Video Controller.
- Cave Johnson

#11 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

How did u msnage? :D

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#12 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostRescape, on 04 May 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

How did u msnage? :D
Who knows. I myself had no idea I'd have no way of connecting to the internet to fix the drivers after reinstalling the OS or better yet - not being able to do it after trying to reinstall the drivers.

E* Exact error messages that it gives me:

Install a driver for your network adapter

Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver.

___
Troubleshooting has completed

Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all the issues found. YOu can find more details below.
Problems found
Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter

Edited by Wookie, 04 May 2014 - 11:59 AM.

- Cave Johnson

#13 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

Additional information: the modem's maintenace site shows that the Ethernet is correctly installed and is sending/receiving data at a normal speed

E* However, "Connected equipment" tab shows no PCs being in their connection list, so the cable does send data but it "gets stuck"

Edited by Wookie, 04 May 2014 - 12:27 PM.

- Cave Johnson

#14 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

It works! \o/

Because I found the originall install-disc of the rig
- Cave Johnson

#15 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

http://www.asrock.co...&Model=Z68 Pro3

#16 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 04 May 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

Would have been the next fix after the physical CD, thanks for pointing out that motherboard usually provides the fixes for that kind of things.
- Cave Johnson

#17 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

Dark Souls II no longer freezing

5/5 would reinstall OS again
- Cave Johnson

#18 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostWookie, on 04 May 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

Dark Souls II no longer freezing