Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Rather than argue and bicker about which CS sequel is better of the epic CS 1.6, we should just focus on the good things.
Server branching out to CS:GO is all fine, I'm sure some of CS:GO players miss also the CS:S days the played, so whenever they feel tired of CS:GO WoWmod, they can hop into CS:S WoWmod [Jolly Co-operation]

Bit sad to see Chip and Hani go over to CS:GO atm, I hope they also will pay some attention to the original WoWmod and pays us a visit with jolly updates. Surely enough more people will join and new devs will arise, those who feel the need to aid the development of WoWmod.

Just to throw my 2 cents about the CS:GO - They did a great job with the game. It looks amazing and all, but so could've CS:S been if they updated the engine to look like CS:GO. Rather than publish a new title like that. They could've updated the engine, give all existing users free download for the newly updated one and give the new players joining a good opening price.
They would've increased the player amount even more than CS:GO - and even more if they gave a little leeway to the modding community.
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#42 OFFLINE   Crypt

Crypt

Captain Equality

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

But that doesn't make any money raging. Why would they just give something out like that when they could make money off it ? And being completely serious the point of a company is to make money.
Vroom Vroom

For the Boys

#43 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostCrypt, on 03 May 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

But that doesn't make any money raging. Why would they just give something out like that when they could make money off it ? And being completely serious the point of a company is to make money.

True but it is rather annoying when a company just makes an expansion rather than a giant update like blizzard.
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] Echo of the Elements
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#44 OFFLINE   Tristen

Tristen

Your Fired!

• Developer

• 927 posts
  • Steam tristen620

• PlayerID 1030

• LocationWest Coast, USA

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostArioni, on 02 May 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

There will be no more updates to the CS:S version of WoWmod after this, and all of the changes on changelog/next will be CS:GO changes, including the ones there currently.
CS:S Server will be receiving updates
*from the long forgotten corner of the internet*
Hahaha Windows (part 2) It's good to see that they will get pushed updates.

From what I've seen from the first page, the donator stuff will transfer, i assume that gold does as well right? It'll be nice to have that stuff transfer over, then it's just a matter of getting all those people that hold back to convert to GO. (Porta, you can't hold out on me forever, for all it's strange feel at first it really IS a better game.)

Also, personal opinion aside valve or whoever's been doing updates for CS:GO finally made a move for GO that I think is a strong positive signal, they made the health show your true number with correct space for it too.  I mean like... 10075 shows correctly and isn't cut off or shrunk at all it just fits, now the reason I think it's positive? Simple, this does not benefit vanilla CS:GO at all nobody has more than 100hp in vanilla.  -has hope-
Tristen: Idea!
Stinkyfax: Heheh, waste of time.
*Tristen still does it*
Tristen: Yeah..... You'r right again. :(  (Is that better Sirchipnsalsa?)

#45 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

Okay server's up in open beta!
wowmod.eu:26995 for the IP :)
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#46 OFFLINE   boredom12345

boredom12345

Knight-Lieutenant

• Events Team

• 287 posts
  • PlayerID 34854

• Locationtexas

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

hows bout dat cs:s server eh?

#47 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

View Postboredom12345, on 03 May 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

hows bout dat cs:s server eh?
Read Stinky's post to be clear of everything ^^
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users