• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

So I understand that it is hard to make a spec for every class that does something better than the other.

For example I will use a priest and shaman.
-Disc is just overall better than holy making holy basically a useless spec unless players like playing holy better that is anyway.
-Enh Shaman/Ele Sham. Now this can be debated highly as people can say Ele sham is better at defending or some sort of form of defending with their totems. However Enh has more damage/survivability therefore they can defend almost just as good if not better.

>The point of this thread is basically me asking why is it like this? Maybe you can make it so disc is better at healing multiple targets and holy is better single target.(Pretty sure its like this currently but disc still might be better at single target)
>And maybe make it so Ele has more survivability than enh or damage?
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] Echo of the Elements
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#2 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

Because WoWmod was originally designed and balanced for non-talent play, meaning it was balanced around just the class. Talent trees were then added later, which only slightly tilted towards a certain play style, not creating that big of a difference between different specs.
For example, speccing into Shadow was nearly completely useless before Mind Flay was added, because the only two damaging spells you had were Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death, so it was more useful to spec Disc to survive instead of doing a little bit more damage and to keep healing. Shadowform was actually so weak that it had to be given a T4 talent as well!
Anyway, this left some specs unbalanced and it hasn't really ever been fixed, as to me it's seemed like developers (at least me) have been hesitant on changing old things heavily, because they have worked for a long time with very few complaints, meaning that the specs haven't had very dramatical differences in playstyle.

So the answer is that it just stuck and was never changed. If we were to go up to T6 talents, you'd start seeing more and more varying differences between each spec, which would result in different specs succeeding better than something else. Currently some classes (such as Priest), suffer from old talents that don't change playstyle much. Priest is probably the biggest offender, because there aren't too many ways to heal in WoWmod, meanwhile there are multiple ways of dealing damage (for example Warrior has Fury for attack speed based fighting and Arms for aiming based fighting, which already create large differences between the two specs, just by having a different attack speed.)
One of the specs that received a heavier change was Elemental, that got its spray-nature RNG moved more onto Enhancement (Which some players such as Lenya have criticized), and Elemental got turned more non-shock oriented (Lightning Nova Totem, Lava Burst).
So yeah, it's like this because it just naturally grew into this way as development went on. There was actually a small plan by me to rework Discipline's talents after Demonology Warlock, but that didn't end up happening.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#3 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

View PostArioni, on 29 April 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

Because WoWmod was originally designed and balanced for non-talent play, meaning it was balanced around just the class. Talent trees were then added later, which only slightly tilted towards a certain play style, not creating that big of a difference between different specs.
For example, speccing into Shadow was nearly completely useless before Mind Flay was added, because the only two damaging spells you had were Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death, so it was more useful to spec Disc to survive instead of doing a little bit more damage and to keep healing. Shadowform was actually so weak that it had to be given a T4 talent as well!
Anyway, this left some specs unbalanced and it hasn't really ever been fixed, as to me it's seemed like developers (at least me) have been hesitant on changing old things heavily, because they have worked for a long time with very few complaints, meaning that the specs haven't had very dramatical differences in playstyle.

So the answer is that it just stuck and was never changed. If we were to go up to T6 talents, you'd start seeing more and more varying differences between each spec, which would result in different specs succeeding better than something else. Currently some classes (such as Priest), suffer from old talents that don't change playstyle much. Priest is probably the biggest offender, because there aren't too many ways to heal in WoWmod, meanwhile there are multiple ways of dealing damage (for example Warrior has Fury for attack speed based fighting and Arms for aiming based fighting, which already create large differences between the two specs, just by having a different attack speed.)
One of the specs that received a heavier change was Elemental, that got its spray-nature RNG moved more onto Enhancement (Which some players such as Lenya have criticized), and Elemental got turned more non-shock oriented (Lightning Nova Totem, Lava Burst).
So yeah, it's like this because it just naturally grew into this way as development went on. There was actually a small plan by me to rework Discipline's talents after Demonology Warlock, but that didn't end up happening.

I sort of see what you mean I was just curious because i feel like talents make the biggest difference especially on my warrior with execute.
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users