34 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HueHueHue

HueHueHue

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:43 AM

Hello all,

I am legitimetaly worried about the server, not because of stinky or anyone in the administration.

This server is one that i have played in for a very long time, ive met some really good people here, ive had fights with people here, i have expirienced a lot, despite it being "The Internet", its a community brought together by this mod that is truly unique, and i love it, i love both the community and the server itself.

However, im worried about some things.

1. The coding/development: This is one part im worried about, ive been told that theres nothing new being developed and most coders are doing balancing now, the server is mostly "complete", and Stinky does hire people, but im still worried about this, this mod is great and i dont want to see any part of it die.

2. The "Owner has moved on" scenario: This is also something im worried about, Stinky has owned this server for a very long time, and the amount of times ive seen good servers die or fall apart because the owner of it decided to "move on with their lives" is many, ive been told that Stinky wants to keep this server going and that he has the drive for it and im happy, but i cant help but worry about this.

3. The "Inflation" and new players: As you all know, some time ago, this server needed to be completely wiped out due to people having a lot of max level, max gear characters and new players leaving because of it, leaving the server dead for quite some time, while this took a long time to happen, im worried what will happen if it happens again, this community has grown strong over the years and im quite happy with how it has grown, but i cant help but worry.

4. The WoWmod veterans "Moving on": This is also a scenario that im worried about, this is a server with a lot of veterans still playing on it, players that have already played for a long time, every time i come to the server i usually see the same people over and over again, im worried about what will happen once those people start leaving to do other things, like what happened recently to Bulletstorm.

Thanks for taking the time to read my long post, id appreciate any and all constructive comments that add to this discussion.

#2 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

View PostHueHueHue, on 29 April 2014 - 12:43 AM, said:

Hello all,

I am legitimetaly worried about the server, not because of stinky or anyone in the administration.

This server is one that i have played in for a very long time, ive met some really good people here, ive had fights with people here, i have expirienced a lot, despite it being "The Internet", its a community brought together by this mod that is truly unique, and i love it, i love both the community and the server itself.

However, im worried about some things.

1. The coding/development: This is one part im worried about, ive been told that theres nothing new being developed and most coders are doing balancing now, the server is mostly "complete", and Stinky does hire people, but im still worried about this, this mod is great and i dont want to see any part of it die.

2. The "Owner has moved on" scenario: This is also something im worried about, Stinky has owned this server for a very long time, and the amount of times ive seen good servers die or fall apart because the owner of it decided to "move on with their lives" is many, ive been told that Stinky wants to keep this server going and that he has the drive for it and im happy, but i cant help but worry about this.

3. The "Inflation" and new players: As you all know, some time ago, this server needed to be completely wiped out due to people having a lot of max level, max gear characters and new players leaving because of it, leaving the server dead for quite some time, while this took a long time to happen, im worried what will happen if it happens again, this community has grown strong over the years and im quite happy with how it has grown, but i cant help but worry.

4. The WoWmod veterans "Moving on": This is also a scenario that im worried about, this is a server with a lot of veterans still playing on it, players that have already played for a long time, every time i come to the server i usually see the same people over and over again, im worried about what will happen once those people start leaving to do other things, like what happened recently to Bulletstorm.

Thanks for taking the time to read my long post, id appreciate any and all constructive comments that add to this discussion.
A solution to pretty much all of these things may or may not be in the works, thank you for your concern.
12:12 PM - Porta: tas is pony faggot
12:12 PM - Porta: dont trust him
- - - - -
PacmaN :   BITCH I GOT A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE

Panda. Cat.

#3 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:25 AM

About case 3... We've had like 5 or 6 total resets + that global silver reduce (plz never again).

4. Uhm old players leave but they occasionally come back. Look at me and frosties for instance :D

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#4 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 912 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:36 AM

And we've had zallan return to us recently :)

Tinytewwa showed up on the server today.

Edited by Tas, 29 April 2014 - 01:36 AM.

[12:10] Winters:back in my days
of being young and handsome
[12:10] Father Tios: xD
[12:10] Winters: now im only handsome
<.<

21:29 - #Stinkyfax: i'm sending you my sad waves

#5 OFFLINE   boredom12345

boredom12345

Knight-Lieutenant

• Events Team

• 287 posts
  • PlayerID 34854

• Locationtexas

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:42 AM

tiny owes me a cabbage lolol

#6 OFFLINE   Crypt

Crypt

Captain Equality

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

Honestly I've been playing on this server for a LONG time like 4-5 years and I may take absences but I will always come back because it is wowmod.

For your coding concern I say don't worry, the appeal of wowmod does not lie in the fact that a new class comes out every few months but just the endless grinding it takes to perfect your few classes.
For your concern about stinky moving on I say that he has established a strong group of devs that he trusts to put out new patches and I am perfectly okay with them and their decisions. (Also he visits forums so it isn't like he is gone)
For the whole wiping problem it will eventually have to happen but as of now, now that boss is fixed a lot of endgame raids can be accessed and I think a few older players may come back to access that. Also last time a wipe happened a decent amount of old players came back just to relevel their mains.
For the veterans moving on problem, shit happens man. Bulletstorm will be replaced by the new members of the community, as long as we are friendly and inviting there are probably tons more people ready to learn about the mod.
Vroom Vroom

For the Boys

#7 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

Genuine concerns. I myself hate being in communities splitting. About the "stinky leaves". I cannot see why I would have to stop hosting and posting. In any case I will surely do something prior to disappearing whether it is passing lead to someone or giving everything to community and letting you decide :) anyway, these are pessimistic thoughts and other issues concern me more.

About 1:
Don't worry. Looking back into wowmod history the 6-10 months inactivity gaps are regular and good way to recharge poison for developers or wannabe developers

3: at least we don't have op legendaries now.
4: serious problem, no solution to stop this happening, but ideally we need new players to replace those who left
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#8 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 29 April 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:

A solution to pretty much all of these things may or may not be in the works
Pretty much. There's some happening on the background atm that'll address all these issues.
And yes, as Stinky said it's very common for developers to have a few months of break between developing. I just came back from mine and continuing development once more. Ideally, we'd have enough of developers so that when 1-2 developers take a break, the others continue, but that doesn't always happen.

And we still have much to do :) We're still missing 2 more classes (although these are mostly due to technical issues such as models and pets), and we're still at level 85; WoD is coming out soon for heavens' sake! We've gotten much catching up to do :)
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#9 OFFLINE   Porta

Porta

Bureaucrat Mikey

• Administrators

• 944 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

If you are really thinking about increasin LVL cap... Go and nerf 73 items to ground first... In most cases that is best you can have with small amount of currency...

then i would love to see some changes to gear in general, a bit more balanced.. mostly because 73 epics... Since some craftable 85 epics are same/1-2 stats better than 73 epics.. and that level differenge is HUGE, and mats used to make these items are so different.. you might need few HOFs to craft 73 epic set, but you need "few" chaos orbs to make set of 85 epic items...

If you dont really want to use time to nerf items, just increase drop rate of chaos orb ALOT.. since they dont just drop that often no matter what.. :D

This was mostly offtopic, i know that.. but just felt like it now.. dunno why

*DEAD* Evander : well, a little hack isn't a bad thing

[WC] Klashnekoff dealt 240% damage (140% KPR, 0% Low LVL)
[WC] (Your level: 85, Server average: 62, Klashnekoff's level: 85)
[WC] (Temporary Debug info). KPR INFO: kills - 9, rounds - 2, KPR penalty 30

^ not funny

#10 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostPorta, on 29 April 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

If you are really thinking about increasin LVL cap... Go and nerf 73 items to ground first... In most cases that is best you can have with small amount of currency...

then i would love to see some changes to gear in general, a bit more balanced.. mostly because 73 epics... Since some craftable 85 epics are same/1-2 stats better than 73 epics.. and that level differenge is HUGE, and mats used to make these items are so different.. you might need few HOFs to craft 73 epic set, but you need "few" chaos orbs to make set of 85 epic items...

If you dont really want to use time to nerf items, just increase drop rate of chaos orb ALOT.. since they dont just drop that often no matter what.. :D

This was mostly offtopic, i know that.. but just felt like it now.. dunno why
Yeah, I remember people going nuts about how 85 gear was better than 80 gear, so 85 gear got nerfed in the end due to how many people wanted it...
If the level cap is increased (haven't really been thinking about it much), the level 90 items will probably be ~15-20% better than their respective 85 items.
And honestly, making a large amount of item sets is such a tedious task, I'd rather just have dynamic recipes created and then only have epic/legendary set items.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#11 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostArioni, on 29 April 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Yeah, I remember people going nuts about how 85 gear was better than 80 gear, so 85 gear got nerfed in the end due to how many people wanted it...
If the level cap is increased (haven't really been thinking about it much), the level 90 items will probably be ~15-20% better than their respective 85 items.
And honestly, making a large amount of item sets is such a tedious task, I'd rather just have dynamic recipes created and then only have epic/legendary set items.

RIP Item team in near future
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#12 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostRaging, on 29 April 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

RIP Item team in near future
I'll find something for y'all to do :)

#13 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

View PostArioni, on 29 April 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

I'll find something for y'all to do :)
Prepare for the worst: Become Hani's bitch
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#14 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostWookie, on 29 April 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

Prepare for the worst: Become Hani's bitch

He's going to make us watch his guilty pleasure - Boku no Pico
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#15 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostRaging, on 29 April 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

He's going to make us watch his guilty pleasure - Boku no Pico
That's my pleasure, not my guilty pleasure!

#16 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:30 AM

Honestly for 1 im sure that some new devs will come along. Once i've completed this class im in i might apply for dev but that wont be for months the servers been up a while I dont see it dying any time soon.
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] Echo of the Elements
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#17 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 912 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

Talking about gear -

Would it be hard to make a script or whatnot, to make the random drop & craftable items all in the same stats spread..? (sorted by class)
[12:10] Winters:back in my days
of being young and handsome
[12:10] Father Tios: xD
[12:10] Winters: now im only handsome
<.<

21:29 - #Stinkyfax: i'm sending you my sad waves

#18 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostTas, on 01 May 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Talking about gear -

Would it be hard to make a script or whatnot, to make the random drop & craftable items all in the same stats spread..? (sorted by class)
Random drop = Dynamic?
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#19 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 912 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostWookie, on 01 May 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Random drop = Dynamic?

Random drop = 80e etc, set items.