60 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:37 AM

View PostTas, on 01 May 2014 - 11:46 PM, said:

[WC] You cast Frost Shock  to red#buyin1cabbage and deal 26 damage + slow down (Affected by: Critical)
[WC] You cast Earth Shock  to red#buyin1cabbage and deal 17 damage + 1.5 sec silence
[WC] You cast Flame Shock and deal 21 damage + 7  dmg per tick to red#buyin1cabbage
[WC] You cast Earth Shock  to red#buyin1cabbage and deal 26 damage + 1.5 sec silence (Affected by: Critical)
[

Used with 92 spell power, vs a 10% damage reduction - hybrid elemental enh build to get more sp.

[WC] You dealt 100% damage (0% KPR, 0% Low LVL)
[WC] red#buyin1cabbage dealt 100% damage (0% KPR, 0% Low LVL)
[

In build i took 10 points in ele, maxing shock damage, and everything in enhancement for dps.(10 11 0)
(no stormstrike)

probably will get warned for this but that damage is literally dog shit compared to mage procs, spriests, and locks. Ele needs mana buff, damage buff or survivability buff. I dont like the whole kiting thing due to the fact that if they have heals you're useless and the totems can still be broke easily ele should get lightning bolt and fulmintation or something lightning shield would be nice too. These are all ideas that could be used for ele shams
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] Echo of the Elements
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#42 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:05 AM

View Postdjango, on 02 May 2014 - 01:37 AM, said:

probably will get warned for this but that damage is literally dog shit compared to mage procs, spriests, and locks. Ele needs mana buff, damage buff or survivability buff. I dont like the whole kiting thing due to the fact that if they have heals you're useless and the totems can still be broke easily ele should get lightning bolt and fulmintation or something lightning shield would be nice too. These are all ideas that could be used for ele shams
You realize shocks have a 0.5 sec global cooldown, compared to mage's ~5 sec cooldowns on their spells? Meaning they can get off 10 before a mage does. Earth shock also silences, frost shock also slows, and flame shock is a dot. And if you actually have a good way to implement those spells you suggested, we would be glad to at least hear them.
12:12 PM - Porta: tas is pony faggot
12:12 PM - Porta: dont trust him
- - - - -
PacmaN :   BITCH I GOT A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE

Panda. Cat.

#43 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:27 AM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 02 May 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

You realize shocks have a 0.5 sec global cooldown, compared to mage's ~5 sec cooldowns on their spells? Meaning they can get off 10 before a mage does. Earth shock also silences, frost shock also slows, and flame shock is a dot. And if you actually have a good way to implement those spells you suggested, we would be glad to at least hear them.

dont mages have a dot and slow aswell lol? So mages procs do about double the damage of each proc but shamans might be able to do as much damage but use 2x as much mana? anyway not going to get into an arguement over mage vs ele damage . Lightning shield- when attacked attacker receives x% of the damage dealt to theirselves.
Fulmintation- (how this works is whenever your lightning shield gets so many charges your earthshock does alot of damage)
Lightning Bolt- Chance on hit does extra damage? with a cooldown too.
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#44 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 02 May 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

Also mages are part physical also, so gg
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#45 OFFLINE   madTACO

madTACO

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:0:20500245

• PlayerID 89729

• LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

• Ascendance
  • 3 min cooldown
  • 5.2% of base mana
  • Instant cast
    The Shaman surrenders his/her physical form to the power of the elements, gaining the ability to transform into a being of raw elemental energy for 15 sec.

• Elemental:
  • While in the form of a Flame Ascendant, Lava Burst has no cooldown and Chain Lightning is empowered to become Lava Beam.
  • took straight out of wow also been looking at purge which could remove a buff(i.e BoK, Bubble, priest shield, demon form, vanish, iceblock, idk just listing random spells i can kinda see this working for

#46 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostmadTACO, on 02 May 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

• Ascendance
  • 3 min cooldown
  • 5.2% of base mana
  • Instant cast
    The Shaman surrenders his/her physical form to the power of the elements, gaining the ability to transform into a being of raw elemental energy for 15 sec.
  • Elemental:
  • While in the form of a Flame Ascendant, Lava Burst has no cooldown and Chain Lightning is empowered to become Lava Beam.
  • took straight out of wow also been looking at purge which could remove a buff(i.e BoK, Bubble, priest shield, demon form, vanish, iceblock, idk just listing random spells i can kinda see this working for

Id like to see ascendance aswell since now in wow that's a main source of shaman's burst atm.(If anybody denies they're a moron) But the hole 3 min CD is what sucks because that means you will really only get that once per round and after spamming lava burst you will be oom after a kill.

#47 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

View Postdjango, on 02 May 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

Id like to see ascendance aswell since now in wow that's a main source of shaman's burst atm.(If anybody denies they're a moron) But the hole 3 min CD is what sucks because that means you will really only get that once per round and after spamming lava burst you will be oom after a kill.
Oh my Godddd, stop using WoW as a justification to add things to WoWmod...
- - - - -

Panda. Cat.

#48 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 02 May 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

WoW has mounts, MAKETH ME A LOYAL STEED!
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#49 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostWookie, on 02 May 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

WoW has mounts, MAKETH ME A LOYAL STEED!
*POOF*
You're now a wookiehorse.
- - - - -

Panda. Cat.

#50 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 02 May 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

*POOF*
You're now a wookiehorse.
Nonono, I meant something like this
Posted Image
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#51 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 02 May 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Lmao I gave you my ideas you gave me some ridiculous arguement for every one of them. If you want to see my ideas feel free to look at them only reason why im using WoW is because this mod is based off of WoW lmfao so shouldnt it be somewhat similar?

I mean if you would rather me throw in random spells that dont fit at all then sure. Considering you think every idea of mine is shit.

Magical Dildo- shoots out a long, floppy, hotdog shaped piece of rubber on contact deals 2000 damage turns dead allies and enemies into clones of it and on kill gives the caster a 100% chance to receive 500 gold, 200 chaos orbs, 500000 silver, and every legendary in the game.

#52 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

View Postdjango, on 02 May 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Lmao I gave you my ideas you gave me some ridiculous arguement for every one of them. If you want to see my ideas feel free to look at them only reason why im using WoW is because this mod is based off of WoW lmfao so shouldnt it be somewhat similar?

I mean if you would rather me throw in random spells that dont fit at all then sure. Considering you think every idea of mine is shit.

Magical Dildo- shoots out a long, floppy, hotdog shaped piece of rubber on contact deals 2000 damage turns dead allies and enemies into clones of it and on kill gives the caster a 100% chance to receive 500 gold, 200 chaos orbs, 500000 silver, and every legendary in the game.
Caster gets 4? legendaries :D
- Cave Johnson

#53 OFFLINE   Zallan

Zallan

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Steam dani0076

• LocationNorway

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

Agree, should be thanking for the ideas instead of turning them down in a silly way, or else no one wants to post any of their ideas which would be bad for the mod
Posted Image

#54 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

View Postdjango, on 02 May 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

Stopped reading from the highlighted word
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#55 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostZallan, on 02 May 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Agree, should be thanking for the ideas instead of turning them down in a silly way, or else no one wants to post any of their ideas which would be bad for the mod
If you've read any of the guy's writings, they've all come off in a passive-aggressive way and the arguments for adding them have mostly been 'it exists in WoW like that so it should exist like that in here too'...
Ideas are nice, being a cunt about them isn't. Especially when your ideas get turned down.
He reminds me of Bigi a lot when he was on forums.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#56 OFFLINE   Zallan

Zallan

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Steam dani0076

• LocationNorway

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostArioni, on 02 May 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

If you've read any of the guy's writings, they've all come off in a passive-aggressive way and the arguments for adding them have mostly been 'it exists in WoW like that so it should exist like that in here too'...
Ideas are nice, being a cunt about them isn't. Especially when your ideas get turned down.
He reminds me of Bigi a lot when he was on forums.
He's worse ingame :P Could probably ask him to stop in a nice way.. Just my opinion though
Posted Image

#57 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

thanking is polite turning down.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#58 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

View Postdjango, on 02 May 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Those "ridiculous arguments" are called game design. For your lightning shield suggestion, there is already a talent called counter strike in T2 of enhancement that does the exact thing you suggested. Replacing a T3 talent for enhancement with a talent they already have makes no sense.

And yes, this mod is loosely based off of WoW. But we don't copy paste spells directly from WoW. We have to adapt them to fit a FPS game. And we don't use "This is how WoW has it, therefore we must have it in WoWmod" because some things just do not work like that.

If you suggest something, you should also expect criticism. After all, isn't criticism just MY suggestion for your suggestions? ;)
- - - - -

Panda. Cat.

#59 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 02 May 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

Those "ridiculous arguments" are called game design. For your lightning shield suggestion, there is already a talent called counter strike in T2 of enhancement that does the exact thing you suggested. Replacing a T3 talent for enhancement with a talent they already have makes no sense.

And yes, this mod is loosely based off of WoW. But we don't copy paste spells directly from WoW. We have to adapt them to fit a FPS game. And we don't use "This is how WoW has it, therefore we must have it in WoWmod" because some things just do not work like that.

If you suggest something, you should also expect criticism. After all, isn't criticism just MY suggestion for your suggestions? ;)

This is a discussion about ele shamans not enhancement just so you know and what the hell do you mean you dont copy paste spells directly off wow lmao? I can name like 20 spells right now directly taken from wow that does the same exact thing...

do you even read your arguements before you type them??
"Shamans can do 10 shocks by the time the mage can do all their procs" <-- Part of the reason ele shams are bad is because of mana issues so in order for an ele to do the same damage as a mages procs they have to use 2x the mana.

I just think it's funny how you're a developer and you're trying to argue against me saying that ele shamans are balanced or some shit? Elemental shamans are literally dog shit laying next to the side walk, that should be their description in the motd in my opinion..

#60 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

View Postdjango, on 02 May 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

I just think it's funny how you're a developer and you're trying to argue against me saying that ele shamans are balanced or some shit? Elemental shamans are literally dog shit laying next to the side walk that should be their description in the motd in my opinion..
He never said that Elemental Shamans are balanced.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users