• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:17 AM

I would post this in my other thread but I know damn well I will get flamed for this. Okay so first I'm not asking for spriest to be buffed in anyway so don't misinterpret what I'm going to say.

Spriest is a great class when fully geared it has great survivability and decent damage(Mind flay..). But what I notice about priests is that it lacks damaging spells it's mainly all support spells and I do understand priest is a support class but if you go shadow maybe you could add some more low level spells that way it is easier to level. I have tried Disc/Holy and could not get anymore than 2k for healing per round only level 51 atm but cant bare to get another level since it's so difficult and after the long journey to 85 you find yourself needing 120+ SP just to do decent damage. These are some ideas I think priest could maybe use to help shadow out mainly since Disc/Holy seem to be fine in terms of doing their "Job" or full-filling their role.

I understand shadow may be underplayed but still some people would like to play it and I dont want to wait until 80-85 to do decent damage(Mindflay Talent)

Shadow Word: Pain(NOT DEATH)
-Dot that deals small instant damage and damage overtime.

Mind spike
-Similar to mindblast deals medium amount of instant damage.

These are just two spells that maybe you can add at low level for it now I understand this will make spriest similar to lock but with heals but lock still has some "unique" things to it such as Hellfire, Inferno, Fear, Metamorphosis.

Let me know what you guys think about it.
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] Echo of the Elements
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#2 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Spriest is a pain to deal with because they can almost permaslow you and get free headshot barrage Q_Q
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#3 OFFLINE   Porta

Porta

Bureaucrat Mikey

• Administrators

• 944 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

spriest is strongest priest out there, atleast when you get mindflay... No need to buff, shadows are pain in the ass already :D

and to leveling part, priest are hard to lvl, some classes are.. Try wlock, its not fun to lvl either...

2000 healing per round as a low lvl priest is pretty darn good tbh,

*DEAD* Evander : well, a little hack isn't a bad thing

[WC] Klashnekoff dealt 240% damage (140% KPR, 0% Low LVL)
[WC] (Your level: 85, Server average: 62, Klashnekoff's level: 85)
[WC] (Temporary Debug info). KPR INFO: kills - 9, rounds - 2, KPR penalty 30

^ not funny

#4 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

Try leveling holy paladin. So much pain!

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#5 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 912 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Imo spriest could use a talent that causes you to trade survivability for damage. (NOT like shadowform)

More like sacrifice health/put x spell(s) for a cooldown of z for y effect.

Or:

Shield spell:

causes shield spell to be castable only on enemies.

effect on enemies:

Prevents enemies from being shielded - procs HALF of the shield amount as bonus damage when the target enemy is hit.

Edited by Tas, 20 April 2014 - 03:49 PM.

[12:10] Winters:back in my days
of being young and handsome
[12:10] Father Tios: xD
[12:10] Winters: now im only handsome
<.<

21:29 - #Stinkyfax: i'm sending you my sad waves

#6 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

I'm only throwing out the ideas due to priests being gear dependent and hard to level then lacking damaging spells at lower levels if a dot was added i honestly think it would make the class more fun especially if it was manually casted.
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#7 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

View Postdjango, on 20 April 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

I'm only throwing out the ideas due to priests being gear dependent and hard to level then lacking damaging spells at lower levels if a dot was added i honestly think it would make the class more fun especially if it was manually casted.
Low lever dots are a laughing matter
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#8 OFFLINE   Bill

Bill

Commander

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Steam 0:0:28409595

• PlayerID 47884

• LocationCzech republick

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

I can relate Shadow priest is OP if its played right..doesnt need be changed i think...

#9 OFFLINE   boredom12345

boredom12345

Knight-Lieutenant

• Events Team

• 287 posts
  • PlayerID 34854

• Locationtexas

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

every class when fully geared has a 300point dmg ability (no awp ect ect)
pally---templars verdict
warrior-execute
shammy-windfury
dk-hypothermia
monk-basicly anything in windwalker
wlock-chaos bolt+dots
rogue-ambush+knife

and no mage spell that hits for 300 can ya tell me why this is? seems a lil gimped to me all i get is 170tops with mindflay+sw-death and thats HALF of their dmg at times if it wasnt for the fast theyre slowed id be at their mercy tbh

#10 OFFLINE   Porta

Porta

Bureaucrat Mikey

• Administrators

• 944 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

he just told me that he can go 300dmg with shadowpriest if lucky, and i dont see any point about buffing spriest atm.. they are strong how they are currently...

^ not funny

#11 OFFLINE   boredom12345

boredom12345

Knight-Lieutenant

• Events Team

• 287 posts
  • PlayerID 34854

• Locationtexas

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostPorta, on 22 April 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

he just told me that he can go 300dmg with shadowpriest if lucky, and i dont see any point about buffing spriest atm.. they are strong how they are currently...
i said 200 tops jeeze

#12 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

View Postboredom12345, on 22 April 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

:|
Destro warlock dots: Immolate (mostly the first "tick" is damage) and life steal

Affli warlock dots: Corruption, life steal, cursed soul

Aka destro warlock dots + chaos bolt will not be dealing +300 dmg unless EVERY SINGLE BIT OF DAMAGE does a critical strike, then it might be close to 300.

And idk why arms warrior's execute should be taken into account, since many people have mentioned in various discussions that the top damage of execution is irrelevant as it's overkill most of the times. And when it isn't, that's due to the fact the warrior had no rage for it.
- Cave Johnson

#13 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 912 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

so

Priests being as useless lowlevel as they are now :/

How about adding a lowlevel damage/heal other spell

That doesn't scale at all :)
[12:10] Winters:back in my days
of being young and handsome
[12:10] Father Tios: xD
[12:10] Winters: now im only handsome
<.<

21:29 - #Stinkyfax: i'm sending you my sad waves

#14 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostTas, on 22 April 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

so

Because their ability to heal from 1% hp to 100% isn't already a problem.
12:12 PM - Porta: tas is pony faggot
12:12 PM - Porta: dont trust him
- - - - -
PacmaN :   BITCH I GOT A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE

Panda. Cat.

#15 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostTas, on 22 April 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

so

*points towards the Mind Blast base damage buff coming in 5.1 meant to address exactly this issue*
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#16 OFFLINE   Infected

Infected

Corporal

• Server Admin

• 41 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:53061343

• LocationHeinola, Finland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

" after the long journey to 85 you find yourself needing 120+ SP just to do decent damage"
   I don't agree with that since i have something like 114 or 116 SP and i have been doing well.

PartyFishâ„¢: just buy me sex doll to fuck and vodka and i wont play for 1 month

#17 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostInfected, on 22 April 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

" after the long journey to 85 you find yourself needing 120+ SP just to do decent damage"
   I don't agree with that since i have something like 114 or 116 SP and i have been doing well.

Not to mention that you could just go AP Disc priest if base was increased since the gear gives enough for basics and AP ensures maximum faceroll. Might even work as it is, tbh
- Cave Johnson

#18 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

Let me note that this was before the 5.1 notes. I still dont think that it's any easier nor is warlock infact warlock is probably harder but i got 73 epic wep on the lock so now the damage is pretty decent. Not saying it's impossible also not saying to 100% add the dot im just stating in retail(I know this isn't World of Warcraft but it's based off it so dont flame me about this)priests main damage is dots(Argue with me all you want I have a level 90 shadow priest currently at 1800 3s rating my recount stats vamp touch and shadow word pain as top damage) meaning that priests in wowmod are pretty different than they are in retail top damage in wowmod is prob mindflay/melee damage(cant really change the melee part since it is a fps) I expected the flaming over this but I mean you take a priest vsing an equally geared 85 the priest has a small disadvantage for just being so squishy(Yes priests have shield/heals this does not mean they are tanky lmao.. their armor/resist is pretty low)on my warrior I do around 180 AK hses on towels ingame a lot of the time and my warrior is around 1050 rating. As of 5.1 priests seem pretty strong atm havent seen with glyph yet but yeah.

#19 OFFLINE   Porta

Porta

Bureaucrat Mikey

• Administrators

• 944 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:19 AM

Have you saw priest carrying m4/ak/awp/everyotherfuckinggunfromcs:s in WoW ? just asking

^ not funny

#20 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostPorta, on 25 April 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

Have you saw priest carrying m4/ak/awp/everyotherfuckinggunfromcs:s in WoW ? just asking
Why do you think WoW is dying?
- Cave Johnson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users