II. Content
   a. Maps
   b. Spells
   c. (New)Events
III. Classes
   a. Fixes
   b. Balancing
IV. Community

Let me state first that all of this is just my opinion I know that not everybody will agree so please do not flame me for my opinion.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  |
I. Staff Team  |
<<<<<<<<<<<|

First not only have I been told but have kind of noticed that the dev team is kind of "dead" or inactive basically the same with the other 2.. Event team and Balance team as things are not being fixed nor created it seems like. If you had an active staff team that created or fixed old content(Boss Mod, Classes, etc.) this could be a great way to bring in players.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
II. Content
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
a.(Maps)
Okay so let me start off with maps. Not only have I noticed that the server has few custom maps but some of the maps arent even played at all due to maps being over played a lot (Dust and texture). Now I understand that with wowmod maps are different to find because they can be OP for certain classes(Rogue and sham mainly.) but new maps would be great to have just so it doesnt seem so repetitive when playing. I also understand that the treasure chest thing would have to be modified aswell.

b.(Spells)
Basically just going to say you could add more manually casted spells on some classes that lack them.

c.(Events)
Events are a great way to get the server full(R.I.P Boss Mod). Not only are they rarely hosted but they sometimes suck. Ill list events that could be added possibly.
-Race(Limit classes maybe??)
-Obstacle Coarse(Add a map for this)
-Dueling(Arena???) Make players 1v1 winner gets something big.
Now these are just brainstormed ideas I don't expect them to be added completely but maybe they can give you ideas for them.(Would need seperate event server for this)
>>>>>>>>>>>
Classes
<<<<<<<<<<<
Basically just balance the OP ones and under powered ones nothing else to put here. Maybe more exp from dealing dmg/healing.

-Make healing classes do less damage(Resto Sham, Mistweaver)

>>>>>>>>>>>
Community
<<<<<<<<<<<
Now this one is weird because I've noticed lots of players like to troll others or not help noobs. Players run around on 85s stomping the new players which causes them to quit. I personally tried leveling a new char(mage) and couldnt even get a kill it took me 3 rounds to get from lvl 1-2 and only reason i leveled was because of dealing damage per round. It is kind of hard to get a lowbie up when getting stomped by 1300+ rating 85s.
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] Echo of the Elements
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 sec
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#2 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

I'd like to also point out that Community = Staff Team = Content. I.e. everything is in community's hans
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#3 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

View Postdjango, on 19 April 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

Now this one is weird because I've noticed lots of players like to troll others or not help noobs. Players run around on 85s stomping the new players which causes them to quit. I personally tried leveling a new char(mage) and couldnt even get a kill it took me 3 rounds to get from lvl 1-2 and only reason i leveled was because of dealing damage per round. It is kind of hard to get a lowbie up when getting stomped by 1300+ rating 85s.

It's not really trolling. You just get more higher lvl gear when playing on the same or near that lvl( ex : playing 85 to get in the 80lvl range gear). Also new 85 lvls have gathering professions and they rely on them to get more materials, would be shit to go lvl 1 and farm again(Some gear needs high lvl mats above 400+ professions lvls, going from lvl 1 - 85 gets you around 350-380 professions lvls)
The only 1.3k ratings are heavily geared chars with 80+ chants

Classes
<<<<<<<<<<<
Basically just balance the OP ones and under powered ones nothing else to put here. Maybe more exp from dealing dmg/healing.

Defining what is overpowered and what is isnt, will make the mod unbalanced - you'd be seeing a mage tank arms warriors or priests doing more damage than a dk. One could be OP cause he has good aim and his class support high crit dmg (arms warrior, ench shaman, dps monk, arcane mage, retri pally) or he has a hybrid build - lots of variables are in the OP claim.
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#4 OFFLINE   PartyFish

PartyFish

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Steam PartyFishâ„¢

• PlayerID 74969

• LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

My paladin rating is just ~1100 it doesnt count for me :D. And why you blame 85's for that noobs cant shoot the head? :O

#5 OFFLINE   HueHueHue

HueHueHue

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

A thing to note about this community is that it aint big, its just a few(by few i mean 10-15)veteran players playing most of the time.

Ive been told that these guys dont want to spoon feed new players too much, they present you with the tools, and its up to you to be persistent and patient to level up and become a good player, stuff like lowbie bonus and kpr nerfs exist to limit high level players powerlevel by a lot when playing against new players, and while i think the presentation of the basics should be better, the system does an already OK job of bringing down high level/good players enough for newer players who are skilled to stand a good chance against average geared high level players.

#6 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

And you know like staff.... they arent machines built to satisfy us around the clock, they want to play also from time to time. If you want to fix this mod yourself, Stinky has always been open to clever Developers and given proper material on how to begin as a dev.
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#7 OFFLINE   PartyFish

PartyFish

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Steam PartyFishâ„¢

• PlayerID 74969

• LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

View PostRaging, on 19 April 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

And you know like staff.... they arent machines built to satisfy us around the clock, they want to play also from time to time. If you want to fix this mod yourself, Stinky has always been open to clever Developers and given proper material on how to begin as a dev.
I want to be dev, I have like tons of ideas how to make the mod better, new menu ideas, new glyph ideas and maybe even new class (still thinking about it).

#8 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostPartyFish, on 19 April 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

I want to be dev, I have like tons of ideas how to make the mod better, new menu ideas, new glyph ideas and maybe even new class (still thinking about it).
Sure you do.

Here you go, become dev and construct your new class right now: CLICK TO CREATE NEW WOWMOD CLASS
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#9 OFFLINE   Porta

Porta

Bureaucrat Mikey

• Administrators

• 944 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 19 April 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

Sure you do.

Here you go, become dev and construct your new class right now: CLICK TO CREATE NEW WOWMOD CLASS

Fuck you :DD...

I almost woke everyone up when i started laughing way too loud :DDD

*DEAD* Evander : well, a little hack isn't a bad thing

[WC] Klashnekoff dealt 240% damage (140% KPR, 0% Low LVL)
[WC] (Your level: 85, Server average: 62, Klashnekoff's level: 85)
[WC] (Temporary Debug info). KPR INFO: kills - 9, rounds - 2, KPR penalty 30

^ not funny

#10 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:03 AM

View PostRaging, on 19 April 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Honestly if I knew how to code I wouldn't mind helping dev I mean I probably wouldnt be nearly as good as the others as I'm only familiar with a little bit of python and im sure wowmod isn't python
[WC] You cast Healing Wave on Django and restore 33 hp with additional 27 armor for 30 se

#11 OFFLINE   BonBons

BonBons

Commander

• Events Team

• 667 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:5638617

• PlayerID 1411

• LocationCanada, Ontario

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

View Poststinkyfax, on 19 April 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

Sure you do.

http://gyazo.com/60a...8a89affca77f602

There is my new class. add it pls
Buy my gear from my shop pls: http://wowmod.eu/top...-crafters-shop/  http://corrupcrafters.webs.com

Posted Image

Never tell your password to anyone.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
11:19 PM - on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: Crypt: sometimes i wonder to myself what islife
Crypt: but then i say vroom vroom
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: dude
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: ur gonna make me cry
Crypt: -Bigi ft Tupac

RIP.

"if you elect me as admin i promise to bring justice to the wowmod community, i will find and terminate the alqeda terrorist known as big al" - Zakery123

#12 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

I feel inspired, here's a screenshot of the new class I've been working on.
Spoiler

12:12 PM - Porta: tas is pony faggot
12:12 PM - Porta: dont trust him
- - - - -
PacmaN :   BITCH I GOT A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE

Panda. Cat.

#13 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

Goddamn thread got off topic fast haha. Anyway let me know what you guys think!

#14 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

View Postdjango, on 20 April 2014 - 01:59 AM, said:

Goddamn thread got off topic fast haha. Anyway let me know what you guys think!
Getting direct opinions would be easier should you add examples/visualize what you think should be changed (E.G what class lacks manual spells, why do you feel like it, what should be done (Remember, adding one spell most likely leads into the removal of another spell).

Maps has been a long discussion topic for a long time and after a lot of arguing it was decided to add map cycle. You're only seeing a good 3-5 regular maps even though the cycle is larger because heck - that's what the players vote for when they see those maps in the vote. It's a no-go to go and remove popular maps just for the sake of diversity if you ask me, even if the removal was for a few map cycles (=disable just played map until few maps have been played).

As for healer classes, they do less damage due to not having talents/gear that would specialize in such thing as dps. If a healer class/tree is too strong due to having both strong heals and strong damage, there are other ways of nerfing than say, "for every point in this healing tree you deal 1% less damage".

Evens; What events are you referring to when you say they 'suck'? Each event that is "regularly" held is well liked by most of the community. Events are irregularly hosted because nowadays event members can't be too sure whether or not the server will have the players necessary to execute the event and rarely do Steam announcements help this matter. Holding events is unrewarding (materially speaking) as the people who hold it get "nothing" (Well, we get to help the server) but that was a well known fact when each of us applied for Electric Team, so that should not be the case. Sometimes it's just hard to squeeze that 60 minutes of one's day (well, for me it's late evening) to hold an event that is not even sure to have enough participants.

And if you ask me, PERSONALLY speaking events like race/obstacle course would become pretty boring quite fast since the mod is not designed for those so there would be no real diversity in that department. Dueling arena would be pretty hard to make since at least the 1v1 scenario would mean that the entire event/(server) would be occupied by a single pair until they're done with it.

As for community you can't really blame them for wanting to play the thing they played to make good a good eternity especially when there is a rising amount of players who have all classes with at least one well geared 85. It is also a fact that if the 85 players who do well against newbies would go lowbies classes, the change would be negative or quite nullified. What would change is that they no longer instagib the new players with spells or such, but their vast knowledge and presumably somewhat good aim in Css ensures that a person who can never kill a lvl 85 character can rarely kill a level 1 character player if the 85 player is the one who changed to a lowbie. Why? The person who has played the mod for so long has already gotten used to the tips and tricks the mod has to offer so he knows what to do and how to do not to mention the fact he has the skills to do.
Now to the part where I will explain why it could be a negative thing; A veteran who has played for long and has skills that say so will not stay level 1 for long. He'd reach level +40 in a blink of an eye and I don't see why the veteran could not get a great score in that position as well. But if the newbies somehow manage to kill this level +40 player, they get only a small amount EXP instead the amount they'd gain from a full 85 player. TL;DR the player still wreaks havoc (less, though) but the rewards for killing him would be minuscule)
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#15 OFFLINE   django

django

Sergeant

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostWookie, on 20 April 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

Getting direct opinions would be easier should you add examples/visualize what you think should be changed (E.G what class lacks manual spells, why do you feel like it, what should be done (Remember, adding one spell most likely leads into the removal of another spell).

Maps has been a long discussion topic for a long time and after a lot of arguing it was decided to add map cycle. You're only seeing a good 3-5 regular maps even though the cycle is larger because heck - that's what the players vote for when they see those maps in the vote. It's a no-go to go and remove popular maps just for the sake of diversity if you ask me, even if the removal was for a few map cycles (=disable just played map until few maps have been played).

As for healer classes, they do less damage due to not having talents/gear that would specialize in such thing as dps. If a healer class/tree is too strong due to having both strong heals and strong damage, there are other ways of nerfing than say, "for every point in this healing tree you deal 1% less damage".

Evens; What events are you referring to when you say they 'suck'? Each event that is "regularly" held is well liked by most of the community. Events are irregularly hosted because nowadays event members can't be too sure whether or not the server will have the players necessary to execute the event and rarely do Steam announcements help this matter. Holding events is unrewarding (materially speaking) as the people who hold it get "nothing" (Well, we get to help the server) but that was a well known fact when each of us applied for Electric Team, so that should not be the case. Sometimes it's just hard to squeeze that 60 minutes of one's day (well, for me it's late evening) to hold an event that is not even sure to have enough participants.

And if you ask me, PERSONALLY speaking events like race/obstacle course would become pretty boring quite fast since the mod is not designed for those so there would be no real diversity in that department. Dueling arena would be pretty hard to make since at least the 1v1 scenario would mean that the entire event/(server) would be occupied by a single pair until they're done with it.

As for community you can't really blame them for wanting to play the thing they played to make good a good eternity especially when there is a rising amount of players who have all classes with at least one well geared 85. It is also a fact that if the 85 players who do well against newbies would go lowbies classes, the change would be negative or quite nullified. What would change is that they no longer instagib the new players with spells or such, but their vast knowledge and presumably somewhat good aim in Css ensures that a person who can never kill a lvl 85 character can rarely kill a level 1 character player if the 85 player is the one who changed to a lowbie. Why? The person who has played the mod for so long has already gotten used to the tips and tricks the mod has to offer so he knows what to do and how to do not to mention the fact he has the skills to do.
Now to the part where I will explain why it could be a negative thing; A veteran who has played for long and has skills that say so will not stay level 1 for long. He'd reach level +40 in a blink of an eye and I don't see why the veteran could not get a great score in that position as well. But if the newbies somehow manage to kill this level +40 player, they get only a small amount EXP instead the amount they'd gain from a full 85 player. TL;DR the player still wreaks havoc (less, though) but the rewards for killing him would be minuscule)

I agree with alot that you stated however for the events they were brainstormed as stated i should have clarified that for the dueling i meant a whole new server to do that on so players can spectate/participate.

#16 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

View Postdjango, on 20 April 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

I agree with alot that you stated however for the events they were brainstormed as stated i should have clarified that for the dueling i meant a whole new server to do that on so players can spectate/participate.
There was arena and it wasn't THAT popular T_T
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users