New bidding increment rule (only for Trading Post)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

To avoid spam, even if the topic maker hasn't specified so, all bidding increments must be at least 5% of the previous bid or 0.1gold / 1k silver for higher bids.
Not obeying this rule won't get you banned (unless you've been warned multiple times), but it will get you a warning point and your post removed from the topic.
Discussion is open.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#2 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

On really high bids that might get astronomical and on really small bids that'll be nothing? :P
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#3 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostWookie, on 14 December 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

On really high bids that might get astronomical and on really small bids that'll be nothing? :P
Can put a maximum required bid of 0.1. And even on bids of 0.51g, it's 0.03g, so it's better than people spamming 0.01g.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#4 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

do not enforce the % rule, people will have to make calculation to ensure the 0.1 is not less than 5%, others like grammar nazis will jump on the ship and start reporting everyone who placed a 0.1 bet, but it was less than 5% demanding retribution on the basis of "treat everyone equally"
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#5 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 14 December 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

do not enforce the % rule, people will have to make calculation to ensure the 0.1 is not less than 5%, others like grammar nazis will jump on the ship and start reporting everyone who placed a 0.1 bet, but it was less than 5% demanding retribution on the basis of "treat everyone equally"
Flat .1 minimum then? :DE*

Though, on higher bids (+20g) .1 means nothing

Edited by Wookie, 14 December 2013 - 01:01 PM.

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#6 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostWookie, on 14 December 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

Flat .1 minimum then? :DE*

Though, on higher bids (+20g) .1 means nothing
then specify the minimum bid in your auction.

#7 OFFLINE   Oob

Oob

Marshal

• Members
  • 921 posts
  • Steam noname2tellu

• PlayerID 1669

• LocationMainChar: 1796

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 14 December 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

This is basically what I've resorted to. Easiest thing is to lay down the ground work.

Going to accept silver and gold for bidding? Better tell them what ratio and which is preferred.

Want items too? Better tell them what is acceptable, what prices they would convert to, and state if you want dynamics allowed or not (and define their value based on a 'stat range').

As long as you state a minimum in the thread I don't really see any odd offers. Threads that don't set a minimum usually see something "odd" like 5k silver offers for 73/78e patterns or similar "hard to get, but nearly everyone who wants them already has them" kind of items.
Old Hits.
Spoiler

Hatchling #CA : DK should be OP since it is a donator class

Mazz: I will say that YOU are not looking at the talent tree correctly.
Attack Power means nothing for an unholy / frost DK

Nov 14,2013: [WC] You cast Frostbolt at Derek and deal 94 damage with a slowdown effect (Affected by: Critical)
Nov 17,2013: (versus mage boss) [WC]You cast Frostbolt at BonBons and deal 165 damage with a slowdown effect (Affected by:Critical)
For norm frostbolt of about 40 in this setup I say that is rather good :D..

#8 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 14 December 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Last time I did it, people (admins) told me I had no way to enforce it other than ignoring it :( (IIRC, but could be that even ignoring was forbidden :D )
- Cave Johnson

#9 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostWookie, on 14 December 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Last time I did it, people (admins) told me I had no way to enforce it other than ignoring it :( (IIRC, but could be that even ignoring was forbidden :D )
Isn't invalidating person's bet is a fair "punishment" already?

#10 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:44 AM

View Poststinkyfax, on 14 December 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

Isn't invalidating person's bet is a fair "punishment" already?
I suppose, unless the goal behind that bet is not to "bet", but inflict chaos! ;O
- Cave Johnson

#11 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostWookie, on 15 December 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

I suppose, unless the goal behind that bet is not to "bet", but inflict chaos! ;O
then he shall be reported and punished for spamming or other general rules he is breaking, there is no need to make second set of rules to treat same offense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users