WoW mod forum is desolated. If you are looking for us - join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/KqaKUPB . With love and gratitude, Stinkyfax.

Monks?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Bill

Bill

Commander

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Steam 0:0:28409595

• PlayerID 47884

• LocationCzech republick

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostTas, on 20 December 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

[WC] Your Stance of the Serpent healed everyone near you for 460 health.
HC event :O ?

#62 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 913 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

nope.

Awp hs ;P

70 shop gear, 74 monk.

here's m4:

[WC] Your Stance of the Serpent healed everyone near you for 157 health.
[

Edited by Tas, 20 December 2013 - 11:13 AM.

[12:10] Winters:back in my days
of being young and handsome
[12:10] Father Tios: xD
[12:10] Winters: now im only handsome
<.<

21:29 - #Stinkyfax: i'm sending you my sad waves

#63 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

Yeah that's the result of a typo. Will fix for next patch. I was nerfing it and forgot to add one additional zero.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#64 OFFLINE   Infected

Infected

Corporal

• Server Admin

• 41 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:53061343

• LocationHeinola, Finland

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

Monks are nothing ever near balanced,  especially those healer monks! they can carry the whole team alone if they want to?
Even badly geared healer monks can heal from 1 to 100% in 1,5seconds? no sence in that!
they should get really HUGE nerfs or just being removed.
PartyFishâ„¢: just buy me sex doll to fuck and vodka and i wont play for 1 month

#65 OFFLINE   Oob

Oob

Marshal

• Members
  • 921 posts
  • Steam noname2tellu

• PlayerID 1669

• LocationMainChar: 1796

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:41 AM

View PostArioni, on 20 December 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Yeah that's the result of a typo. Will fix for next patch. I was nerfing it and forgot to add one additional zero.

I hope the patch comes soon....

It would be nice if serpent stance actually took energy that way it wasn't forever spammed...

Would be nice if monk could actually oom or something... Aoe healer that never runs out of spam... Not the best idea of a balanced class...
Old Hits.
Spoiler

Hatchling #CA : DK should be OP since it is a donator class

Mazz: I will say that YOU are not looking at the talent tree correctly.
Attack Power means nothing for an unholy / frost DK

Nov 14,2013: [WC] You cast Frostbolt at Derek and deal 94 damage with a slowdown effect (Affected by: Critical)
Nov 17,2013: (versus mage boss) [WC]You cast Frostbolt at BonBons and deal 165 damage with a slowdown effect (Affected by:Critical)
For norm frostbolt of about 40 in this setup I say that is rather good :D..

#66 OFFLINE   isuck

isuck

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • PlayerID 12278

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

I think the point with healer monks is the same as with all healers, a good healer can carry the team if the opposing team has no healer. This is however even more so the case for monks since they can't go oom as OOB as mentionted above.
I'm not so sure how strong monk heals are, but it seems to me they would need to be a lot weaker then priests/pala heals, or not have an aoe heal.

#67 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Can we apply same to rogues? Male their damage few times lower than mages. As rogues cannot oom.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#68 OFFLINE   Oob

Oob

Marshal

• Members
  • 921 posts
  • Steam noname2tellu

• PlayerID 1669

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

View Poststinkyfax, on 21 December 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

Can we apply same to rogues? Male their damage few times lower than mages. As rogues cannot oom.

Rogues use energy for sinister strikes mostly (damage wise) and have no healing ability. When a rogue uses up all their energy it just means that some damage has been lost for a short time or that they cannot use vanish / evade / sprint if they didn't already.

The base damage of rogues needed to be tweaked? I don't think so exactly. The talents though, yes.

Heal monks on the other hand seems to be nothing but spam aoe heals. Energy for expel harm + renew mist + serene mist, chi for revival / chi sphere, and just hitting enemies for aoe heal spam (for free).

I've sat and awped a heal monk in the face 4 times ~300 dmg a shot and he still didn't die because he got an occasion shot on me procing his aoe heal and jab (giving him 1 chi there), healing himself with expel harm constantly (giving himself more chi), and using revival. He was ducking in and out from a corner perhaps every 3/4 seconds...

I've unloaded an entire clip into heal monks and they will tank the entire thing. It just becomes a cycle of them heal spamming themselves, using revival, getting healed by spraying at you, and even when they are reloading their gun their jumping around and healing themselves. (5% hp heal from each jab tier 1 talent, great idea there btw >_>...)

The only sure fire thing I've found to kill these derpy heal monks is to drop 400/500 damage in 1/2 seconds before they have any time to react...

Please update the mod for the fix to serpent stance and please put some kind of cooldown on it and actual cost. Anyone who was playing pre-serpent stance broken has seen katze running around with a p90, tanking 2k+ dmg and healing team mates for over 1k a round easy. Right now it is just much worse with each serpent stance healing for a minimum of 100.
Old Hits.
Spoiler

Nov 14,2013: [WC] You cast Frostbolt at Derek and deal 94 damage with a slowdown effect (Affected by: Critical)
Nov 17,2013: (versus mage boss) [WC]You cast Frostbolt at BonBons and deal 165 damage with a slowdown effect (Affected by:Critical)

#69 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostOob, on 24 December 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

Rogues use energy for sinister strikes mostly (damage wise) and have no healing ability. When a rogue uses up all their energy it just means that some damage has been lost for a short time or that they cannot use vanish / evade / sprint if they didn't already.

The base damage of rogues needed to be tweaked? I don't think so exactly. The talents though, yes.

Heal monks on the other hand seems to be nothing but spam aoe heals. Energy for expel harm + renew mist + serene mist, chi for revival / chi sphere, and just hitting enemies for aoe heal spam (for free).

I've sat and awped a heal monk in the face 4 times ~300 dmg a shot and he still didn't die because he got an occasion shot on me procing his aoe heal and jab (giving him 1 chi there), healing himself with expel harm constantly (giving himself more chi), and using revival. He was ducking in and out from a corner perhaps every 3/4 seconds...

I've unloaded an entire clip into heal monks and they will tank the entire thing. It just becomes a cycle of them heal spamming themselves, using revival, getting healed by spraying at you, and even when they are reloading their gun their jumping around and healing themselves. (5% hp heal from each jab tier 1 talent, great idea there btw >_>...)

The only sure fire thing I've found to kill these derpy heal monks is to drop 400/500 damage in 1/2 seconds before they have any time to react...

Please update the mod for the fix to serpent stance and please put some kind of cooldown on it and actual cost. Anyone who was playing pre-serpent stance broken has seen katze running around with a p90, tanking 2k+ dmg and healing team mates for over 1k a round easy. Right now it is just much worse with each serpent stance healing for a minimum of 100.
such a long post to tell me that their heals are too strong. Okay, that will be useful, but my post was more isolated from the discussion, directed to a person's flawed logic:

No mana to run out -> shall be few times weaker than mana-users.
P.S. Monks have energy too.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#70 OFFLINE   Oob

Oob

Marshal

• Members
  • 921 posts
  • Steam noname2tellu

• PlayerID 1669

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

such a long post to tell me that their heals are too strong. Okay, that will be useful, but my post was more isolated from the discussion, directed to a person's flawed logic:

No mana to run out -> shall be few times weaker than mana-users.
P.S. Monks have energy too.

P.S Monks use energy for heal spam (even spinning crane kick can be made an aoe heal, and now glyphs can make path of blossoms a heal too).

It is not just because heal monks cannot oom it is also because of this that they can tank so much damage in a firefight while healing everyone nearby and that their damage output is still good / high. Even out of battle a monk can heal very well.
Old Hits.
Spoiler

#71 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 913 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

*DEAD* Klash :  C] Sir Twi-Twi Brights deals 199 damage to You (Affected by: Tiger Palm)[

Nade on my dps monk :D

Klash wasn't too happy about it tho...

Edited by Tas, 24 December 2013 - 09:52 PM.

[12:10] Winters:back in my days
of being young and handsome
[12:10] Father Tios: xD
[12:10] Winters: now im only handsome
<.<

21:29 - #Stinkyfax: i'm sending you my sad waves

#72 OFFLINE   Logicmystic

Logicmystic

Corporal

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:47098582

• PlayerID 34313

• LocationUkraine

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

I think Monks are pretty tanky and they heal as much as priests do. I was Palying against a monk, I had lvl 85 warrior tank with kings buff, 445 hp,He (lvl 81 monk)dealt 2200 console damage and something like 1200 normal damage, and monk killed me, and got more then 75 precent left( he didnt use the damege reflection thingy :P), and he dealt me 1700 damage :P

#73 OFFLINE   Zallan

Zallan

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Steam dani0076

• LocationNorway

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Mistweaver monk uses energy? Dev team too lazy or is it hard to code?
Posted Image

#74 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostZallan, on 31 December 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Mistweaver monk uses energy? Dev team too lazy or is it hard to code?
A combination of too lazy & being something unique.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users