Bigi

Knight-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Steam shoansaf357

• PlayerID 1040

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

So i started playing wowmod again since yesterday, hello btw^^

I playd for a good 10-14 hours last 2 days and i noticed this thing called avrage serve lvl.

And here i am 62 warrior and playing with lowbies and hanii, porta, raging(around 12 players on, avr lvl was 60)

Bam suddenly some 85 nerd loggs in rapes all lowbies, some leave and others go 85 to counter and avrage server lev goes 70+ then we go down to 6 players. Couple of hours later we are around 12-14 players again and i notice wookie playing hes warlock cause he tries to make some 85 nerd go off hes 85 so lowbies can play.

So far ive seen raging porta hanii and wookie caring about the lowbies/Newbies.

Dont mind going 85 epic to farm, but dont do it when there are new pple and lowbies u just discourage them.

Just a suggestion.

For those who say WELL I NEED TO FARM. 1 of the 85 guys who farmed lowbies today killd 70 pple and he said he got 2 golden clover or wtf, and there were 3 new pple with less then 0.3KD i believe. Imma take a guess they r not gonna return.

#2 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

GG infinity going 32-2 on that same time when wookie tried to scare him off.
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#3 OFFLINE   Stabby Joe

Stabby Joe

Knight

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:6402222

• PlayerID 1079

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

Back in the day we did have lowbie and highbie server but it failed. We could try it again but highbie server should  have an incentive saying plus 50 % drop rate.

Apart from that , second thing can be done buff lowbie bonus.. or ppl do change to low lvl class.

But ppl like me who play like 30 mins accoionally may be want to play their main char and not lvl for 30 mins a new class.

Which brings me to the idea may be introduce a time or event just for lvling chars, where everyone is bound to play low lvl chars say for one hour

#4 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

There's going to be a pretty major lowbie buff for very low levels, so hopefully that'll help them out.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#5 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostArioni, on 08 November 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

There's going to be a pretty major lowbie buff for very low levels, so hopefully that'll help them out.

You mean lvl 1 - 10 ?

#6 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

View PostRaging, on 08 November 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

You mean lvl 1 - 10 ?
1-30
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#7 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

View PostArioni, on 08 November 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

1-30

GG WP Time to rape everyone from 30-80 with 85's.

#8 OFFLINE   Tristen

Tristen

Your Fired!

• Developer

• 927 posts
  • Steam tristen620

• PlayerID 1030

• LocationWest Coast, USA

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostRaging, on 08 November 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

GG WP Time to rape everyone from 30-80 with 85's.
You misunderstand my good sir, those buffs don't leave when they "level past" them.
GG WP "sarcasm" :P
Tristen: Idea!
Stinkyfax: Heheh, waste of time.
*Tristen still does it*
Tristen: Yeah..... You'r right again. :(  (Is that better Sirchipnsalsa?)

#9 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

View PostTristen, on 08 November 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

You misunderstand my good sir, those buffs don't leave when they "level past" them.
GG WP "sarcasm" :P

You mean that lowbie bonus that wont apply to flying ninja knife rogues kiling lowbies with 1 backstab ?
The only reason i don't play arms atm is (op you know it) that in need items. Klash raping those lowbies still with ak 5 shots, at least better than getting knifed by infinity. Then there is Stabby, who is in a class of its own raping 85 and lowbies alike.

#10 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

Meh. Tbh I don't find this entire lowbie thing to be too big of a problem after the 1-30 buff. There was some lowbie, completely new player, who went 1:1 KDR on each map. Most of the new players are nosteams who have no clue how to play Cs:S.

#11 OFFLINE   Porta

Porta

Bureaucrat Mikey

• Administrators

• 944 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

View PostStabby Joe, on 07 November 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

Back in the day we did have lowbie and highbie server but it failed. We could try it again but highbie server should  have an incentive saying plus 50 % drop rate.

Apart from that , second thing can be done buff lowbie bonus.. or ppl do change to low lvl class.

But ppl like me who play like 30 mins accoionally may be want to play their main char and not lvl for 30 mins a new class.

Which brings me to the idea may be introduce a time or event just for lvling chars, where everyone is bound to play low lvl chars say for one hour

Ill keep it simple.. No

*DEAD* Evander : well, a little hack isn't a bad thing

[WC] Klashnekoff dealt 240% damage (140% KPR, 0% Low LVL)
[WC] (Your level: 85, Server average: 62, Klashnekoff's level: 85)
[WC] (Temporary Debug info). KPR INFO: kills - 9, rounds - 2, KPR penalty 30

^ not funny

#12 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

View PostBigi, on 07 November 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

For those who say WELL I NEED TO FARM. 1 of the 85 guys who farmed lowbies today killd 70 pple and he said he got 2 golden clover or wtf, and there were 3 new pple with less then 0.3KD i believe. Imma take a guess they r not gonna return.
By the way, about the Goldclovers, the drop rate is 1/100 so if he got 2 goldclovers after 70 kills, that was actually really good :D

#13 OFFLINE   Oob

Oob

Marshal

• Members
  • 921 posts
  • Steam noname2tellu

• PlayerID 1669

• LocationMainChar: 1796

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

I've seen so many people who just have no idea what is going on at all.

-They don't even try to ask.
-We tell them to type /todo and pick a class and the whole jazz.
-People just rage quitting after taking one headshot while they are their amazing lv 1 (or is it 0?) no class.

What surprises me the most is the amount of people who say "No I'm not going to buy any gear /todo suggests because it is a waste of silver, I'm going to be lv 60 / what ever soon any how."

Lowbie bonus + shop gear = Getting dem kills -.-'...

Probably the most difficult thing for lowbies to face off against would be tanks / anything with a block chance, and priests...

Part of the reason I've been playing just about nothing, but my 85s is because with premium I've got a chance at a legendary item drop. It is a total waste if that item ends up being some lv 50-70 item (espeically if it has crummy stats). The bonus xp is helping me nab some more silver and the better drop rate is giving me a half decent chance to nab reagents.

As a side note: Remember some of the mats from drop will only drop from high level characters (lv 80 + and such)... If this wasn't the case I would be much more willing to play some of my lower level characters more often instead of needing to play a high level character with other for a small chance at these reagents -____________-...
Old Hits.
Spoiler

Hatchling #CA : DK should be OP since it is a donator class

Mazz: I will say that YOU are not looking at the talent tree correctly.
Attack Power means nothing for an unholy / frost DK

Nov 14,2013: [WC] You cast Frostbolt at Derek and deal 94 damage with a slowdown effect (Affected by: Critical)
Nov 17,2013: (versus mage boss) [WC]You cast Frostbolt at BonBons and deal 165 damage with a slowdown effect (Affected by:Critical)
For norm frostbolt of about 40 in this setup I say that is rather good :D..

#14 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

Or you go from a direction to another, and make it really worth their effort for lowbies to kill lvl 85, if you increase the exp gain and maybe bound it to level difference (the higher the level DIFFERENCE is, the higher is the exp gained!)
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#15 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostWookie, on 08 November 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

Or you go from a direction to another, and make it really worth their effort for lowbies to kill lvl 85, if you increase the exp gain and maybe bound it to level difference (the higher the level DIFFERENCE is, the higher is the exp gained!)
being low killing 85 already gives you a plenty of XP.

On topic: Bigi, I highly anticipated the idea of low and high servers, and wished it would work out. There is a serious reason, imagine what will happen to the current server if everyone 'old' would leave it? Yah, there will be no new players neither. That is the side effect of having 2 servers, lowbie server will become a ghost, and later a highbie srever with no new people will be forgotten in a week or so too.

Off-topic: I am happy to see you back :)
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#16 OFFLINE   TinyTerror

TinyTerror

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

Nice to see you Bigi.

Someone said it, most of the problem lies in the fact the these players are generally terrible at CSS.

You can't balance the mod around people who can't hit a target, what's the point? Why do you think Eva (for example) does so well with a 900 rating Shaman? You might be upset you can't kill 85's, but step one of that process is actually HITTING THEM WITH BULLETS

<3

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot
The world forgetting, by the world forgot
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned"

*DEAD* TinyTerror <3彡 #praiserescape :  why ppl stand in blizz?
*DEAD* TinyTerror <3彡 #praiserescape :  ;-;
*DEAD* Mini-Frisken #Brolove :  Because blizz is cool

Dessu :  omg my god

Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   HueHueHue

HueHueHue

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

The problem is that low level/new players find this server overwhelming when they first start, and i dont mean how they are bad at CSS.

For example, I always see these questions by new people:

"How do i cast a spell?"
"How do i get spells?"

How the system is set up doesnt either, if i was a new player i would get overwhelmed by how the menu looks like for example, its clunky and theres too many options, especially with the spellbook thing, too many options on wcmenu, even though they are clear as daylight for us it might not be the case for someone new.

We barely have new players giving us feedback on this stuff.

Make the menu more user-friendly and that might help a bit.

#18 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostHueHueHue, on 08 November 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

The problem is that low level/new players find this server overwhelming when they first start, and i dont mean how they are bad at CSS.

For example, I always see these questions by new people:

"How do i cast a spell?"
"How do i get spells?"

How the system is set up doesnt either, if i was a new player i would get overwhelmed by how the menu looks like for example, its clunky and theres too many options, especially with the spellbook thing, too many options on wcmenu, even though they are clear as daylight for us it might not be the case for someone new.

We barely have new players giving us feedback on this stuff.

Make the menu more user-friendly and that might help a bit.
/todo and spellbar are extremely user friendly. These two menus are automatically opened every now and then for new players.

#19 OFFLINE   HueHueHue

HueHueHue

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostArioni, on 08 November 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

/todo and spellbar are extremely user friendly. These two menus are automatically opened every now and then for new players.

Yeah they do pop up, but does the new player know what that is?

Imagine someone with no WoW expirience coming here, how are they gonna know what a spellbar is? Todo was a cool addition and it definetaly helps but i think that theres something that you guys can do.

#20 OFFLINE   HueHueHue

HueHueHue

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

I convinced one of my friends to reinstall CSS and play on this server to give us some feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users