WoW mod forum is desolated. If you are looking for us - join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/KqaKUPB . With love and gratitude, Stinkyfax.

Drop/Exp event timings

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Yeah, short things short, my suggestion is to have at least some of the event timings changed into a later time, as at the moment as far as I know there are 2 per day, in EU morning with 3 hour difference, lasting 1 hour each.

I don't see anything negative population-wise with making this swap, as nobody would quit for the sake of that event coming on :D
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#2 OFFLINE   bandit

bandit

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

Keep the XP/Drop that turns on during US evening time please, its pretty hard to level playing with 4-8 people.

#3 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

change events into later time? Care to explain better? Which exactly, to what time exactly, and why?
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#4 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 16 October 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

change events into later time? Care to explain better? Which exactly, to what time exactly, and why?
Well, I personally am not aware of the purpose behind the "Drop&Exp Event", so I am making a strong assumption here that it is just to increase the active population, regardless of the time, and thus I see it as a 'problem' when the event makes an appearance only in certain time zone (EU morning, USA evening/night).

Also it being a 60 minute event means that you can cut it into smaller section if one seems to fit (If people are against the idea of having it more minutes per day) more regularly, just like DM.

I'd personally be quite happy with something like every other hour it's 10 minutes of drop/exp and every other it's DM, it would even the event numbers time-zone wise.

But ofcourse, this is ill-advised if the purpose behind the mentioned event is not "increasing population regardless of the time", but instead "increasing the population on a certain period of time".
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#5 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

the long exp/drop event in the early morning is made for exact purpose: to attract early EU (very late USA) people to play on the server making sure it is populated and does not become absolutely empty.

As during other times it is almost guaranteed server won't become empty we do not have such an event.

#6 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 16 October 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

the long exp/drop event in the early morning is made for exact purpose: to attract early EU (very late USA) people to play on the server making sure it is populated and does not become absolutely empty.

As during other times it is almost guaranteed server won't become empty we do not have such an event.
Well, looks like that plan for having less DM failed :/
- Cave Johnson

#7 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostWookie, on 16 October 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

Well, looks like that plan for having less DM failed :/
I am all up for removing few DM events :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users