Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:9810151

• PlayerID 24228

• LocationJoensuu, Finland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

So, atleast when im seeking/hosting HNS i will have zero tolerance about using shadowgate to escape after your busted.

Thought process behind this decision: Generally hide and seek means "game" where you hide and some people try find you, once your found, you lost. I dont see any logic in running/hiding after you got busted like pretending you never got caught. This problem roots itself from hns boss not being able to 1 hit people. Because killing targets you found is most effective way to keep track on who got caught and your not able to 1 hit people (maybe sometimes with mage) and shadowgate pretty much abuses that flaw its forbidden now on in HNS, atleast the ones im participating. Its frustrating to find same people 3-4 times without managing to kill them even though its obvious they got caught and lost.
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8

Bigi :  id luuuuv to see on discvoery channel tas in pony costume getting chased by a pack of wolves

#2 OFFLINE   Bill

Bill

Commander

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Steam 0:0:28409595

• PlayerID 47884

• LocationCzech republick

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostDessu, on 29 September 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

So, atleast when im seeking/hosting HNS i will have zero tolerance about using shadowgate to escape after your busted.

Thought process behind this decision: Generally hide and seek means "game" where you hide and some people try find you, once your found, you lost. I dont see any logic in running/hiding after you got busted like pretending you never got caught. This problem roots itself from hns boss not being able to 1 hit people. Because killing targets you found is most effective way to keep track on who got caught and your not able to 1 hit people (maybe sometimes with mage) and shadowgate pretty much abuses that flaw its forbidden now on in HNS, atleast the ones im participating. Its frustrating to find same people 3-4 times without managing to kill them even though its obvious they got caught and lost.
Wait, so u dont like shadowgate..but giving self nearly speed of light unlimited ammo and shooting everywhere u want is fair ? Doesnt seems so -.-'

#3 OFFLINE   Aurora

Aurora

Commander

• Developer

• 734 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Meh not sure forbidding people from using it is the right way to go, I would much rather just use bosses that can 1 shot anyone by just grazing their toe. Shouldnt be too hard to create a boss with a couple of hundred-thousands attack power.

I get what you mean by 'once you are found you have lost' but you should still be able to use shadowgate to flee if you fear you are close to being found, just like you might vanish and run away or change position however you want.
Truth is but the lie in which people believe.
Happiness is stagnation, suffering is innovation.
Love them for what they are not.
The price of certainty is sanity.

#4 OFFLINE   Bill

Bill

Commander

• Members
  • 756 posts

• PlayerID 47884

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostAurora, on 29 September 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Meh not sure forbidding people from using it is the right way to go, I would much rather just use bosses that can 1 shot anyone by just grazing their toe. Shouldnt be too hard to create a boss with a couple of hundred-thousands attack power.

I get what you mean by 'once you are found you have lost' but you should still be able to use shadowgate to flee if you fear you are close to being found, just like you might vanish and run away or change position however you want.
Using vanish doesnt help u much, that sound and cloud around u is too much detectable..

#5 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

If we can't use shadowgate, then reduce the round time. You can go over the map like 10 times with your movement speed and time limit.
12:12 PM - Porta: tas is pony faggot
12:12 PM - Porta: dont trust him
- - - - -
PacmaN :   BITCH I GOT A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE

Panda. Cat.

#6 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts

• PlayerID 24228

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

This isnt really and argument case, rather a notification, also stabby agrees with me and we ended up in this solution, atleast temporary (boss that can 1 hit would be better ofc). And yeah usually hide and seek means that once your found you lost, not like seeker needs find you 3 or 4 times before you loose, i think 7-10 winners per round out of 20 players tells abit about shadowgate >.<
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8

Bigi :  id luuuuv to see on discvoery channel tas in pony costume getting chased by a pack of wolves

#7 OFFLINE   BonBons

BonBons

Commander

• Events Team

• 667 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:5638617

• PlayerID 1411

• LocationCanada, Ontario

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Or maybe the seekers can't seek properly? You guys give yourself speed, love grav, and M249s, and yet I can sit in randomly on the map and never have to use shadowgate. I've had rounds where I went to the same spot 5 times and won without ever having to use shadowgate.
Buy my gear from my shop pls: http://wowmod.eu/top...-crafters-shop/  http://corrupcrafters.webs.com

Posted Image

Never tell your password to anyone.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
11:19 PM - on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: Crypt: sometimes i wonder to myself what islife
Crypt: but then i say vroom vroom
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: dude
on ma momma cuz [JOCK]: ur gonna make me cry
Crypt: -Bigi ft Tupac

RIP.

"if you elect me as admin i promise to bring justice to the wowmod community, i will find and terminate the alqeda terrorist known as big al" - Zakery123

#8 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts

• PlayerID 24228

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Then you deserve to win. Simple :P

#9 OFFLINE   inf1nity

inf1nity

Knight

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

I am partly agree with dessu. It is obvious that shadow gate should be restricted because it makes ct's rather "immortal". But t's should seek  with their normal speed and not burst everything they see. Rogues has plenty of escape abilities like preparation, vanish etc. and they should use them properly, not just using shadow gate.
>>Click<< for R'C awesome shop!

R'C forum

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   Bill

Bill

Commander

• Members
  • 756 posts

• PlayerID 47884

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Well...i hope u dont want them to stop using shadowstep too..

#11 OFFLINE   twler0

twler0

Corporal

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Steam twlero

• PlayerID LuCkY Sh0

• LocationUSA WI

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

I second his opinion.  if you get "spoted" in HnS you are done, you shouldnt be able to run and rehide..  +1 dessu
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Bajjtish

Bajjtish

Mannen, Myten, Legenden

• Members
  • 830 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:28908850

• PlayerID 24089

• LocationSweden

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

View Posttwler0, on 29 September 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

I second his opinion.  if you get "spoted" in HnS you are done, you shouldnt be able to run and rehide..  +1 dessu

In real HNS they switch seekers each round too

#13 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts

• PlayerID 24228

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

For obvious reasons the seeker isnt switched every round :) So not related to this in any matter.

#14 OFFLINE   Bajjtish

Bajjtish

Mannen, Myten, Legenden

• Members
  • 830 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:28908850

• PlayerID 24089

• LocationSweden

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostDessu, on 29 September 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

For obvious reasons the seeker isnt switched every round :) So not related to this in any matter.

Ik but if we can't keep it to the "real" HNS can't we just let people use shadowgate?

#15 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostBajjtish, on 29 September 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

Ik but if we can't keep it to the "real" HNS can't we just let people use shadowgate?
No

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#16 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

What about Invisibility? :D
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#17 OFFLINE   Bill

Bill

Commander

• Members
  • 756 posts

• PlayerID 47884

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostWookie, on 29 September 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

What about Invisibility? :D
Nah, mages wons HnS too easy :D

#18 OFFLINE   Stabby Joe

Stabby Joe

Knight

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:6402222

• PlayerID 1079

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

well, where is the list of the boss numbers , cuz u could use raid boss lvl 85 which might 1 hit ppl we must test that. But once u found you should be done and not u do shadowgate and become teleport meister. Its about hiding not about teleporting it totally defeats tthe point of the event

#19 OFFLINE   Bill

Bill

Commander

• Members
  • 756 posts

• PlayerID 47884

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostStabby Joe, on 29 September 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

well, where is the list of the boss numbers , cuz u could use raid boss lvl 85 which might 1 hit ppl we must test that. But once u found you should be done and not u do shadowgate and become teleport meister. Its about hiding not about teleporting it totally defeats tthe point of the event
Ur not right stabby, HnS is originaly CSS plugin, that change u into things so u can hide. This HnS is applied to WoW mod, whitch mean u can use abilities...cuz playing this WoW HnS without abilities..would be only massacure...shadow gate is one of abilities...it should be usable, but if admins with not..ppl wont use it i guess..

#20 OFFLINE   Kris

Kris

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

I really dont mind not using shadowgate in HnS but then I believe that the round time should be lowerd,the speed and gravity should not be increased in any way because believe it or not running around with 3x speed and even more gravity expotentially increases the ground that can be covered and for the current round time,we would have no chance whatsoever to change spots with stealth only.

What I mean is that by removing shadowgate everything should be scaled down and ballanced.I also include the 10k(random number I chose,I am not sure how much agi you actualy have) agi or more and the 200+ bullets you prob have in your M249 because running around,bursting bullets and one hitting people as you suggested would be really unfair to everyone!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users