WoW mod forum is desolated. If you are looking for us - join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/KqaKUPB . With love and gratitude, Stinkyfax.

Holy power

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kris

Kris

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Can someone explain me what exactly is holy power,what buffs does it give you and what is it used for?
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Aurora

Aurora

Commander

• Developer

• 734 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Sure thing Kris :)

Holy Power is a special ressource for the Paladin class. You spawn with 0 and can store a max of 5 at once. It is generated by dealin critical damage and healing allies (not yourself). Now it has been a while since I looked at the code, but if I remember correctly, you get 1 holy power per crit, and you have a 2% chance per point of healing done to get 1 (so 50 healing is 100%), if you go above 100% you have a chance to generate 2.

For example healing an ally for 75 points of health you have 100% to generate first point and 50% to generate the second.

There are also talents in each talent tree to generate extra holy power, in the holy tree you can get extra from healing, in protection from blocking and in retribution for critting.

Holy Power is used for different things (well 2 only actually), Judgement and Templars Verdict. Judgement is a basic spell that consumes your current seal and holy power, dealing more damage the more holy power you had (I think it can max consume 3 holy power), the potential damage of this spell is actually rather insane, you can get well over 100 damage ;)

Templars Verdict is a retribution talent that gives you a chance to deal extra damage. It consumes up to 3 holy power and causes your hit to deal 10% extra damage per holy power (again if I remember the numbers correct), oh yea and at base it deals 20% extra. It can't procc if you have 0 holy power. So with 1 holy power your attack would deal 30% extra damage, and 50% extra damage with 3 holy power, which can be rather fun, especially when you one shot some mage with a 200+ headshot crit ;)
Truth is but the lie in which people believe.
Happiness is stagnation, suffering is innovation.
Love them for what they are not.
The price of certainty is sanity.

#3 OFFLINE   Kris

Kris

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Thank you very much Aurora!

That will help me a lot when I begin to learn the paly in-depth :)

Tbh,I've asked a few people and none of them was actualy able to give me a proper answer,but I gues I should have wrote in the forum first.
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   HueHueHue

HueHueHue

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Is the extra damage for 1 hit or for a number of seconds based on holy power?

How does Templars Verdict work exactly? (I mean, is it a spell that you can activate or is it random?)

#5 OFFLINE   Bill

Bill

Commander

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Steam 0:0:28409595

• PlayerID 47884

• LocationCzech republick

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

Theres %chance to use templar verdict and if its used, it consume all holy power...no holy power no dmg :)
E: and yes u can turn it off i think

#6 OFFLINE   Aurora

Aurora

Commander

• Developer

• 734 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Actually you can't turn it off :(
Truth is but the lie in which people believe.
Happiness is stagnation, suffering is innovation.
Love them for what they are not.
The price of certainty is sanity.

#7 OFFLINE   Bill

Bill

Commander

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Steam 0:0:28409595

• PlayerID 47884

• LocationCzech republick

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostAurora, on 23 September 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

Actually you can't turn it off :(
Actually i can, just dont lvl up that talent :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users