WoW mod forum is desolated. If you are looking for us - join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/KqaKUPB . With love and gratitude, Stinkyfax.

Possible Merging

news discussion

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Possible Merging (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to merge with gamesketch.net?

1. Yes (13 votes [59.09%])

Percentage of vote: 59.09%

2. No (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Not Certain (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

As discussed in THIS TOPIC we have decided that the only logical solution to the critical situation of wowmod is to grow into a broad gaming community.

Over half a year I have been helping such a gaming community with several code-based issues, as well as getting involved in several strategic discussions. Now, I am having a very friendly relationship with an owner of community and we are considering the possibility of merging our communities to gain mutual benefit.

Briefly, their community is exactly what we are trying to achieve on an early stage, they are currently having several popular GMOD servers, working on Minecraft and few other servers simultaneously. Merging our efforts, we will be able to establish different game servers more frequently. Taking into account the size of merged community being much bigger, the provided servers will get more populated and overall healthier. Both us and them are not that large, but as they are not around a single product nor are bound to CS:S are being in overall better situation than us :)

So.. As merging communities actually means you (members) getting introduced to gamesketch.net members and getting along well. Ideally, we are looking forward to merging both members and effort. As an outcome both servers will become way more alive and having several head admins reduces the risk of dependency on someone's absence.

The most important question left for you to discussion, please comment rather than just vote. Sensible arguments will be valued a lot more than a single vote in a poll when final decision will be made.

Link to their site: http://gamesketch.net
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#2 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

What about our special community? We've got a very colorful [community] even for an internet forum.

Edited by Wookie, 25 May 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#3 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

I wanna keep this epic forum :( It's so much fun hanging around here :/

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#4 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostRescape, on 25 May 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

That just brought me back to my feet; My OCD will kick in big time when I will see all the unread posts&topics >_>
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#5 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostRescape, on 25 May 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

I understand the importance of collected garbage on this forum over several years, but in both cases if we are to become a community not only about wowmod, the reconstruction is required :( Nevertheless, I am focusing to make as little changes to the look and feel of the forum as possible.

#6 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostWookie, on 25 May 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

That just brought me back to my feet; My OCD will kick in big time when I will see all the unread posts&topics >_>

You never know, who we'll find on the sketch communtiy, more colorful people to talk with (hopefully no pacman-like). Is a bit sad to the forum go, but more excited what would come of it in the future.
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#7 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostRaging, on 25 May 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

You never know, who we'll find on the sketch communtiy, more colorful people to talk with (hopefully no pacman-like). Is a bit sad to the forum go, but more excited what would come of it in the future.
More bronies like Tas and we'll never gain rest (And Rescape does something unforgiven)
- Cave Johnson

#8 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Nope, haven't seen pacman-people there :)

#9 OFFLINE   ???

???

Master Sergeant

• Banned
  • 104 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:0:33092922

• PlayerID 36348

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

I think this is a fabtastic idea, the thought of fresh new nice people might actually make the now biased community so much better and help populate the server again, Could even give birth to maybe a gmod Warcraft mod. But in all seriousness anything that will help the mod grow while still keeping its beginning goals is a good thing.

edit: is there a way to move this site unto another one that way not to be rid of the forums? Like link it with out linking it? Im not sure how to type what I mean but just transfer the database over to a merged site?

#10 OFFLINE   Jonassm

Jonassm

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Steam basculinn

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Sup guys. Moderator from the other forum here.

Trust me, we're a very good community, that is, if you think a good community is a funny one which literally can turn a serious thread into (funny) bullshit in 30 minutes.
You'll enjoy it.

#11 OFFLINE   Jonassm

Jonassm

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Steam basculinn

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Btw, what is a pacman-guy like?

#12 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostJonassm, on 27 May 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Sup guys. Moderator from the other forum here.

Trust me, we're a very good community, that is, if you think a good community is a funny one which literally can turn a serious thread into (funny) bullshit in 30 minutes.
You'll enjoy it.
It takes 30 minutes... U guys are boring :(

#praiserescape

#13 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostJonassm, on 27 May 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Btw, what is a pacman-guy like?

Oh, you'll know soon enough :xdnew:  .........
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#14 OFFLINE   Jonassm

Jonassm

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Steam basculinn

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostRescape, on 27 May 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

It takes 30 minutes... U guys are boring :(

*sadface*

#15 OFFLINE   Demonrat

Demonrat

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Steam demon.rat

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hey guys, I am Demonrat. a moderator from Gamesketch, I have been around since the beginning of our servers. As I care about our servers I have come to look around and see what you guys are all about. What kind of community you have. And what advantages it will pose to each of our servers if the merger goes through. I hope that you will accept me all as I look around, and maybe get to know some of you.
I figure I may as well introduce myself aswell.
My name is Ted, I'm a guy, I live in Canada (the great white north OHHH CANADA) and I enjoy playing games (obviously) and watching anime. Hope to learn more about you guys too!
Thank you
Edit: oh yeah, im 17 aswell

#16 OFFLINE   Kyshu

Kyshu

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Steam thekyshu

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Hello everybody! :)

I'm Kyshu, one of the admins of the Gamesketch Network (since about 1 1/2 years now?).
I'm 17, just about to turn 18 and to finish my 11th grade of the A-levels, skipping the 12th grade and transitioning either into a work experience or go to a praxis-centered school for 2 years of Electronics (mainly IT and similar stuff).
I joined Gamesketch in Oct. 2010 (man, 3 years ago!!), when I was looking for a good Minecraft server after getting bored with SinglePlayer, just before the Halloween update. The world was about to be restarted (TNT, yay) and everyone had a bit of fun before we started a new world. Eventually I became a Trusted member, and later a Mod for about a year, until at last I am a server admin now :) I still enjoy playing with the community and helping out if need be as much as I did way back at the start, and it's always great playing a game till late in the night (including nex and friends raging at each other and me rolling eyes, haha).

If there is a merge, I'm sure the communities will get along nicely. We should do a few community plays on CS and stuff to get to know each other first? Unfortunately I can't play right now, as my Pc is broken, and I don't really have the money nor time to repair it till my birthday. Oh well, haha.

#17 OFFLINE   Porta

Porta

Bureaucrat Mikey

• Administrators

• 945 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

So, this has became kinda "introduce" topic, :P... Hello guys, you seems to be kinda good guys,

My name is Porta, Im 23 yr old guy from finland, and i am (i hope im still) one "head" admin of our community, Event team leader and guy who decide about new admins (with stinkyfax ofc).. I joined Wowmod ages ago, dont even remember, not oldest member tho, havent play cs:s in long time, exept rarely, but im hanging at forums every day :P.. I hope that merging servers will work, and get wowmod back to its shine and glory :P

(kinda rusty english once again, should write more i guess)

*DEAD* Evander : well, a little hack isn't a bad thing

[WC] Klashnekoff dealt 240% damage (140% KPR, 0% Low LVL)
[WC] (Your level: 85, Server average: 62, Klashnekoff's level: 85)
[WC] (Temporary Debug info). KPR INFO: kills - 9, rounds - 2, KPR penalty 30

^ not funny

#18 OFFLINE   Bill

Bill

Commander

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Steam 0:0:28409595

• PlayerID 47884

• LocationCzech republick

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostRaging, on 27 May 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Oh, you'll know soon enough :xdnew:  .........
Hahaha :D Dont know if i should laugh or feel sad for Jonassm :D

#19 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hey can I introduce myself also?

I'm Rescape, 19 year-old finnish guy and I graduate from Finnish version of high school next saturday. I love turning threads into senceless bullshit and I'm also second biggest spammer on this forum (after Wookie). I've played/been part of WoWmod for ~5 years now. I've also been on/off admin on server for few years now and been in lead of events team when Hani was absent.

Btw 80% of people who use this forum actively seem to be Finnish :D

Edited by Rescape, 27 May 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#praiserescape

#20 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

CBa to edit again.

U guys have awfull bot protection. It's so incorrect. I didin't see that any of those things were uneatable and had to think it for 5 mins before I managed to figure correct answers :(

#praiserescape

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users