WoW mod forum is desolated. If you are looking for us - join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/KqaKUPB . With love and gratitude, Stinkyfax.

Banned for reasons unrelated to wowmod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostArioni, on 01 April 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

It was out of the server and had nothing to do with WoWmod. I don't ban people I know who play WoWmod for flaming me and calling me a retard over Steam.
Keep your personal issues out of your job as an admin. There is a 'block' button in Steam. Do not add people on Steam if you believe you cannot tolerate listening to them. If this happened within the server, it'd be a different case, but it happened over Steam.
My point was that you should not reflect it at all to the server gameplay if you do not seek to give any kind of punishments for harassment or anything similar. Either you react to it even in server or you don't - not everything has golden middle-road
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#22 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

That still makes no sense. We don't punish people for what they do outside of WoWmod. If this had happened in the server, he should have been banned. But it didn't and he shouldn't have been banned. It's as simple as that.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#23 OFFLINE   Aurora

Aurora

Commander

• Developer

• 734 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm kinda confused here... RangerDanger starts out by admitting he is an asshole then asks to get a ban removed? If he doesn't even play wowmod why the fuck should we care?

If we however want to dicuss the genral case, I believe Rescape is in the right. Harrashment in any form anywhere from one player to another should be punished, the rule isn't there to keep the tone on the server civil but to keep people civil. Now I know we can't force people to follow the rules, but we do encourage them to do so.

While we can argue in what forums, whetever it is this one or steam chats or server chat and so on. How about we start by asking another question first? Can you really defend the actions of RangerDanger? Do you really believe it is okay to harrash anyone? I'm sorry to say but if you believe that is acceptable behavior I will forever ignore any opinion you will have for you are clearly insane, idiotic or just plain evil, neither of which are things I would heed in any sense.
Truth is but the lie in which people believe.
Happiness is stagnation, suffering is innovation.
Love them for what they are not.
The price of certainty is sanity.

#24 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Of course not, he acted like an asshole most likely and did something that would have gotten him banned from the server if he did it there, but I'm against how an admin used their power to ban someone from this server even though they broke no rule within the server. They used it as a personal tool of "okay I don't want to listen to you so I'll just ban you from the server" and then blocked them, which they could have done instantly.
If Rangerdanger had brought this over to the WoWmod forums or the servers, he should have been banned. But he did not do this. You should not be banning people for personal fights.
People who act like assholes outside the server should not be banned if it has no relation to the server.
Also I'm guessing he doesn't actually mind the ban as he doesn't play; he's against the idea of getting banned for not doing anything within the WoWmod server.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#25 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

So, if Ranger never played WoWmod(nor has any intention to) and he was harassing an admin, you'd ban him still?
12:12 PM - Porta: tas is pony faggot
12:12 PM - Porta: dont trust him
- - - - -
PacmaN :   BITCH I GOT A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE

Panda. Cat.

#26 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:9810151

• PlayerID 24228

• LocationJoensuu, Finland

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

As i have knowledge rescape was ON server preparing to keep boss when rangerdanger (also on server) started harras over steam, i really dont see difference in principle chatting on server chat or in steam chat if both players are ON server playing and rescape trying focus on other things that receiving harrasing so i dont see anything wrong removing rangerdanger from server if that was solution to stop his trashtalk.
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8

Bigi :  id luuuuv to see on discvoery channel tas in pony costume getting chased by a pack of wolves

#27 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

If he was on the server while doing it then the ban was justified.

#28 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostArioni, on 01 April 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

If he was on the server while doing it then the ban was justified.
I was, dunno about Ranger.

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#29 OFFLINE   Stealth

Stealth

Knight

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:0:6750859

• PlayerID 1390

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

So how come when bigi "pokes me with a stick" and i ban him and stinky yells at me? I don't understand... I banned bigi for trying to harass me INSIDE OF WOWMOD.... This has NO relation to WoWmod and it's "more" justified? Ok.

View PostArioni, on 01 April 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

That still makes no sense. We don't punish people for what they do outside of WoWmod. If this had happened in the server, he should have been banned. But it didn't and he shouldn't have been banned. It's as simple as that.

I'm pretty sure you can clearly see Bigi harassing me in this?
http://wowmod.eu/topic/741-kid/

Taking what stinky said
"Alright, before Bigi and Evander extend this topic into a global discussion admins vs players I will draw a quick conclusion.
1. Stealth, I give you a warning for reacting to minor insulting (word noob) too desperate.
2. Bigi, I give you an obvious warning for minor insulting admin and provoking him to take actions when he asked you to stop."

"1. Stealth, I give you a warning for reacting to minor insulting (word noob) too desperate."

"minor insulting"
Also keep in mind that the topic "Kid" was on the server, and this one was over steam.

Edited by Stealth, 03 April 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#30 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

I shall quote chat logs.

Father Tas: UR DAD DOESNT LOVE U
Father Tas: LOSER
Father Tas: LOW LIFE
Father Tas: BE FRIENDS WITH KAHARA HE HAS PROBLEMS TO
Father Tas: WITH DAD

Let's compare saying "Noobs can't use blink" to this.

Edited by Rescape, 03 April 2013 - 01:36 AM.

#praiserescape

#31 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 913 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

+ the fact that i DID warn (idk if i kicked as well.. didnt ban that time tho) him at least once for taking my name (he was on server that time tho)

rescape weren't you supposed to sleep? O.O

Edited by Twilight Sparkle, 03 April 2013 - 05:26 AM.

[12:10] Winters:back in my days
of being young and handsome
[12:10] Father Tios: xD
[12:10] Winters: now im only handsome
<.<

21:29 - #Stinkyfax: i'm sending you my sad waves

#32 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostTwilight Sparkle, on 03 April 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

+ the fact that i DID warn (idk if i kicked as well.. didnt ban that time tho) him at least once for taking my name (he was on server that time tho)

rescape weren't you supposed to sleep? O.O

I dont get this ban.

You are Twilight Sparkle, not Father Tas. He can use what ever name he likes. If you don't want people to use that name so bad, then go back to "Father tas" name. Don't bitch about old names.
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#33 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2676 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostStealth, on 03 April 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

So how come when bigi "pokes me with a stick" and i ban him and stinky yells at me? I don't understand... I banned bigi for trying to harass me INSIDE OF WOWMOD.... This has NO relation to WoWmod and it's "more" justified? Ok.

I'm pretty sure you can clearly see Bigi harassing me in this?
http://wowmod.eu/topic/741-kid/

Taking what stinky said
"Alright, before Bigi and Evander extend this topic into a global discussion admins vs players I will draw a quick conclusion.
1. Stealth, I give you a warning for reacting to minor insulting (word noob) too desperate.
2. Bigi, I give you an obvious warning for minor insulting admin and provoking him to take actions when he asked you to stop."

"1. Stealth, I give you a warning for reacting to minor insulting (word noob) too desperate."

"minor insulting"
Also keep in mind that the topic "Kid" was on the server, and this one was over steam.
See Rescape's quote behind your post. There is signification difference in the level of insult. Also bigi was not unbanned, afaik.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#34 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

View Poststinkyfax, on 03 April 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

See Rescape's quote behind your post. There is signification difference in the level of insult. Also bigi was not unbanned, afaik.

Was he permed or just rage and never came back after the ban ?
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#35 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostRaging, on 03 April 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

Was he permed or just rage and never came back after the ban ?
He got 30 minutes from harassing.

#praiserescape

#36 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

The ban probably already expired - we shall stop posting here as obviously nothing was done wrong (Except the harassment -.-)
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#37 OFFLINE   Porta

Porta

Bureaucrat Mikey

• Administrators

• 945 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

i see no point in this topic... atleast anymore... Locked

*DEAD* Evander : well, a little hack isn't a bad thing

[WC] Klashnekoff dealt 240% damage (140% KPR, 0% Low LVL)
[WC] (Your level: 85, Server average: 62, Klashnekoff's level: 85)
[WC] (Temporary Debug info). KPR INFO: kills - 9, rounds - 2, KPR penalty 30

^ not funny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users