• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RangerDanger

RangerDanger

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

I was banned close to a week ago twice by Rescape for reasons that were unrelated to wowmod. He banned me because i added him in steam and harrased him, and for having the name Father Tas in steam. I dont believe that it was necessary to ban me rather just block me, as wowmod was not even a factor in anything that happened to cause the ban.

#2 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

I warned u few times first not to annoy me as u were clearly trying to provoke me. Took it for while and then gave u 30 min ban.

Also had asked Tas if u were allowed to use name like that (inside joke or something). Tas said that he had already warned u about it and just told me to ban u. That was basicly what 1 day ban came for. Just added ur douchiness to reason to make it even more justified.

Also just to remind our dear admins who are gonna come and commentate on this. Only admins are able to see what's behind that link. If higher ups allow me to quote that I will add it later.
http://wowmod.eu/top...ers-in-general/

E:Btw guys people please. If u appeal then please do it like 1-2 days after ur banned. Most preferably right after u get banned. Because there's nothing u gain with these appeals and for example in this case I couln't really remember this case untill I checked my chat logs.

Edited by Rescape, 01 April 2013 - 01:42 AM.

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#3 OFFLINE   Bill

Bill

Commander

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Steam 0:0:28409595

• PlayerID 47884

• LocationCzech republick

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Why only admins, i want see it too :D RangerDanger..u just provoke, they gave u what u wanted...

#4 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

He doesn't even play WoWmod and this problem has nothing to do with WoWmod... Wat.
12:12 PM - Porta: tas is pony faggot
12:12 PM - Porta: dont trust him
- - - - -
PacmaN :   BITCH I GOT A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE

Panda. Cat.

#5 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 01 April 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

He doesn't even play WoWmod and this problem has nothing to do with WoWmod... Wat.
If that's referring to me I try to join few times a week for short sessions just to get some sort of feeling of what's happening on mod. Normally it's just lowbies playing and I tend to stop playing after few rounds cause my Paladin kinda destroys em and I cba to play with anything else :/

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#6 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostRescape, on 01 April 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

If that's referring to me I try to join few times a week for short sessions just to get some sort of feeling of what's happening on mod. Normally it's just lowbies playing and I tend to stop playing after few rounds cause my Paladin kinda destroys em and I cba to play with anything else :/
I was talking about Ranger. He doesn't play and probably didn't even notice the ban until now, so this did nothing and the ban itself was questionable because it had nothing to do with WoWmod and should've been resolved within Steam by blocking him or whatever.
- - - - -

Panda. Cat.

#7 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

Stahp
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#8 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

View PostArioni, on 01 April 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

Stahp
This is the kind of administrative guidance I look forward to. Thanks, Obama.
- - - - -

Panda. Cat.

#9 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

Normally, I was giving out permanent bans for identity theft.
I see nothing wrong in admin's decision here.
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#10 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 01 April 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

Normally, I was giving out permanent bans for identity theft.
I see nothing wrong in admin's decision here.
It's not "identity theft", Tas hasn't used the name for a long while(like half a year), also he never logged onto the WoWmod server. He never even started CS:S, actually.
- - - - -

Panda. Cat.

#11 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 01 April 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

It's not "identity theft", Tas hasn't used the name for a long while(like half a year), also he never logged onto the WoWmod server. He never even started CS:S, actually.
Well, he was kinda "poking the ant nest" as he intentionally contacted a person who is known to be 1) friend of Tas and 2) admin on the server and 3) started harassment..
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#12 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 01 April 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

It is also not a permanent ban.

#13 OFFLINE   Sillybob

Sillybob

Corporal

• Banned
  • 47 posts
  • Steam killah1404

• PlayerID 50035

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

I don´t really see the Reason to ban him for that o.O Rescape could just block him and gg

#14 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 912 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

i see this is just one of these things again:

you poke an admin with a stick, trying to piss him off

and when he reacts you come to forum and QQ how wrong you've been treated.
[12:10] Winters:back in my days
of being young and handsome
[12:10] Father Tios: xD
[12:10] Winters: now im only handsome
<.<

21:29 - #Stinkyfax: i'm sending you my sad waves

#15 OFFLINE   Sillybob

Sillybob

Corporal

• Banned
  • 47 posts
  • Steam killah1404

• PlayerID 50035

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

It was UNRELATED to wowmod . It was at Steam so why didn´t rescape just ignore him and brings it to wowmod . ...

#16 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

To be fair, I don't think there was a reason to ban him. Ranger acted like an arsehole, but that was over Steam. You aren't meant to ban people on WoWmod for stuff that isn't related to WoWmod. It'd be different if Ranger insulted Rescape about his admin capabilities or how he handles his job, the mod, etc.
Settle personal issues over Steam and don't bring them to the mod with you. If I got scammed outside of a game that isn't WoWmod, it doesn't mean I'd ban that person. I'd sure as hell let everyone know they aren't trustworthy, but I wouldn't ban them because it has absolutely nothing to do with WoWmod.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#17 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 01 April 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

It is also not a permanent ban.
The length doesn't really matter.

Not only was this ineffectual since he doesn't play the server, but this was also a completely undeserved and should've only warranted a block from Rescape.
- - - - -

Panda. Cat.

#18 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostArioni, on 01 April 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

To be fair, I don't think there was a reason to ban him. Ranger acted like an arsehole, but that was over Steam. You aren't meant to ban people on WoWmod for stuff that isn't related to WoWmod. It'd be different if Ranger insulted Rescape about his admin capabilities or how he handles his job, the mod, etc.
Settle personal issues over Steam and don't bring them to the mod with you. If I got scammed outside of a game that isn't WoWmod, it doesn't mean I'd ban that person. I'd sure as hell let everyone know they aren't trustworthy, but I wouldn't ban them because it has absolutely nothing to do with WoWmod.
By your logic you would be punished for naming&shaming "and probably demoted&banned"(unlikely going to happen :D) as it was out of the server where as you insult him within the server - regardless of is it justified.
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#19 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostWookie, on 01 April 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

By your logic you would be punished for naming&shaming "and probably demoted&banned"(unlikely going to happen :D) as it was out of the server where as you insult him within the server - regardless of is it justified.
It was out of the server and had nothing to do with WoWmod. I don't ban people I know who play WoWmod for flaming me and calling me a retard over Steam.
Keep your personal issues out of your job as an admin. There is a 'block' button in Steam. Do not add people on Steam if you believe you cannot tolerate listening to them. If this happened within the server, it'd be a different case, but it happened over Steam.

#20 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostSirchipnsalsa, on 01 April 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

The length doesn't really matter.

Not only was this ineffectual since he doesn't play the server, but this was also a completely undeserved and should've only warranted a block from Rescape.
the length partially reflects to which extend the rules were broken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users