Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:9810151

• PlayerID 24228

• LocationJoensuu, Finland

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

My point was, which you missed, is that states dont matter in in worldwide politics, no matter how great and superhyper strong they are, they still part of USA, while all countries that are recognized mean alot more in that matter than states because USA respresent them all, thats why nobody cares to know USA states names but countries names, and thats why those are thought anywhere but in USA apparently. Show me pic of USA states sitting around UN table PLS! No, theres those useless African and EU countries.
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8

Bigi :  id luuuuv to see on discvoery channel tas in pony costume getting chased by a pack of wolves

#42 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostDessu, on 09 March 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

My point was, which you missed, is that states dont matter in in worldwide politics, no matter how great and superhyper strong they are, they still part of USA, while all countries that are recognized mean alot more in that matter than states because USA respresent them all, thats why nobody cares to know USA states names but countries names, and thats why those are thought anywhere but in USA apparently. Show me pic of USA states sitting around UN table PLS! No, theres those useless African and EU countries.
You are now putting UN into the middle of the world, it's not. Nobody really cares about UN, USA, Russia, China control the world. EU are just a puppet
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#43 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 09 March 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

You are now putting UN into the middle of the world, it's not. Nobody really cares about UN, USA, Russia, China control the world. EU are just a puppet
Nobody cares what Russia does nowadays. Everyone is just nice to them but nobody really cares about them.

View Poststinkyfax, on 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I declare Monday being an official annoy-hani day

#praiserescape

#44 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts

• PlayerID 24228

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Dont take the core thing to sidetracks i just argumented why ppl learn countries, not USA states in schools, one "common" reason is also news atleast outside USA are about world events, not USA state events :P
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8

Bigi :  id luuuuv to see on discvoery channel tas in pony costume getting chased by a pack of wolves

#45 OFFLINE   Crypt

Crypt

Captain Equality

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostRaging, on 09 March 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

Its not that they´re stupid, its just they´re educational system. They dont teach anything about Europe and its history prob. No wonder they dont know jack-shit about Europe.

I'm halfway through the thread and I see stupid shit like this. I'm just going to say this your public education system may be good and all but I don't see people craving to go to some European college. Our top 50 makes your top 10. If you are going to worry about lower education though we do learn about Europe and its history comparatively your average person may be smart than an American but our top students are vastly smarter than your top students.

Edit: After reading through the thread I agree with Stinky's argument though. If you want US students to learn about  the small "insignificant" countries in Europe then you should not brag if you don't know the small "insignificant" states in the US. Don't brag that you know where America is and people don't know where some European countries. If you want to talk world politics then as Stinky reiterated knowing the small parts of Europe is of little to no value as in all honesty you just need to know the EU (European Union) not the order of Norway, Sweden, Finland.
Vroom Vroom

For the Boys

#46 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostDessu, on 09 March 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Dont take the core thing to sidetracks i just argumented why ppl learn countries, not USA states in schools, one "common" reason is also news atleast outside USA are about world events, not USA state events :P
You are saying that because world news are more important than USA news (for whom, you? I doubt it is more important for USA citizens) poor African countries are more important than rich USA states.
Well, it is more important for you, not everyone, if you were in USA knowing about your country would be more important than knowing about Africa.

#47 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostCrypt, on 09 March 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

our top students are vastly smarter than your top students.
I agree with everything, but I'm just pointing it out that that isn't as hard when your population is so huge :D
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#48 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts

• PlayerID 24228

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

View Poststinkyfax, on 09 March 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

You are saying that because world news are more important than USA news (for whom, you? I doubt it is more important for USA citizens) poor African countries are more important than rich USA states.
Well, it is more important for you, not everyone, if you were in USA knowing about your country would be more important than knowing about Africa.
Well, its not my opinion its those goverments opinion who decide rather teach countries than USA states. But nvm im tired of this argue, you can either accept what ive said or not its your choice :P idc anymore

#49 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostDessu, on 09 March 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Well, its not my opinion its those goverments opinion who decide rather teach countries than USA states. But nvm im tired of this argue, you can either accept what ive said or not its your choice :P idc anymore
The issue is deeper. People bitch at more successful ones as an excuse for their own failures.

#50 OFFLINE   Crypt

Crypt

Captain Equality

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostArioni, on 09 March 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

I agree with everything, but I'm just pointing it out that that isn't as hard when your population is so huge :D

Ok and taking generalizations into account we can say that of course Europeans can seem smarter because if you have a smaller pool you have less stupid people. The sample size usually taken from the US to make them seem dumb are the lower 50% thats where the stereotypes of stupid Americans come from when in reality we have our stupid, average, and smart people just like any other area.
Vroom Vroom

For the Boys

#51 OFFLINE   isuck

isuck

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • PlayerID 12278

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

To start of with an awsner to a question you asked: "Which gear is considered best? Before it was gold shop stuff, is that still the case?"

85 epics from goldshop are very good, yet lose to 85 epics wich are crafted, however not all 85 epic patterns have droped yet so those might not be aviable yet. Furthermore dynamic items>goldshop if you get good stat spread. Also I believe there are 85 pvp epics in the make so those will probably be on par or better then the goldshop ones. Also 85 epics from raids are better I believe.

Now offtopic :P

View Poststinkyfax, on 09 March 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

I see no connection between world is global = should be aware of shitcountries more than states like california

Um I think the point dessu was trying to make is that in international politics seperate american states hardly matter since they all act as one at an international level. This can't be said for african countries and even not for some european countries. In power sure, one of the states of america might be stronger/economicly more important then one of those countires but they dont make dissicions themself on an international level.  In contrast to european/african countries.

Um the UN is useless because of the veto rights that china/usa/russia/france/england have. Take Siria for exmaple, the west wants to interve but the UN cant take action since russia vetos it.

On your comment that the EU is not important I beg to differ, sure all the individual countries are rather insignificant but combined we are pretty impressive :P  Few example, London the financial capital of the world, The netherlands as a big trading hub of the world. Most western EU countires got relative low debt compared to USA.

Um EU is rather important, we are

View PostArioni, on 09 March 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

xD most USA TOP students are forgein, America doesnt produce that many good academics desipte their huge population, they just are very good at attracting the best students from all over the world. There is a whole TED talk on this topic if you find it interesting arioni. It comes down to the fact that the USA imports the worls best students while not producing that many on their own.

#52 OFFLINE   Tas

Tas

Vänzki the Pony

• Events Team

• 912 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Poststinkyfax, on 09 March 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

so what? USA States are actually more valuable than most European countries, also are larger in the territory. Not knowing the states is just an excuse. USA Citizen could throw same excuse - EU countries are small, poor, irrelevant and are not states of a top 1 country.

you should use Asian countries rather than usa states :D
[12:10] Winters:back in my days
of being young and handsome
[12:10] Father Tios: xD
[12:10] Winters: now im only handsome
<.<

21:29 - #Stinkyfax: i'm sending you my sad waves

#53 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostTwilight Sparkle, on 13 March 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

you should use Asian countries rather than usa states :D
I can point of of Asian countries in map also ;)

#praiserescape

#54 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts

• PlayerID 24228

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Interesting fact, in top10 worlds most biggest ports, theres Rotterdam port in Netherlands, EU, at rank 4, rest are in Asia (used to be worlds largest until at i think it was 2004 when few Asian ones became bigger)

#55 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Btw Tiny, the forums (soon the server, wink wink) has been overrun by finns
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#56 OFFLINE   Tristen

Tristen

Your Fired!

• Developer

• 927 posts
  • Steam tristen620

• PlayerID 1030

• LocationWest Coast, USA

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

I'mmmmmm not reading this thread but  *girlish squeal* my MIC buddy!!   You need to play, talk too much and keep on talking, seriously, best time in this server was when you were around, people seemed to have wayy more fun when you were talkin a lot :)

Also I miss the ghoul/infernal models they really should come back, maybe not the class ones but... those were really really important for knowing who the hell to avoid or kill quickly!
Tristen: Idea!
Stinkyfax: Heheh, waste of time.
*Tristen still does it*
Tristen: Yeah..... You'r right again. :(  (Is that better Sirchipnsalsa?)

#57 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostTristen, on 14 March 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

I'mmmmmm not reading this thread but  *girlish squeal* my MIC buddy!!   You need to play, talk too much and keep on talking, seriously, best time in this server was when you were around, people seemed to have wayy more fun when you were talkin a lot :)

Also I miss the ghoul/infernal models they really should come back, maybe not the class ones but... those were really really important for knowing who the hell to avoid or kill quickly!
as I mentioned the missing infernal/ghoul models are a bug :)

#58 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts

• PlayerID 24228

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Tiny i remembered i still got epic demo of you :DDDDDD

#59 OFFLINE   Rescape

Rescape

Detective Rescape

• Events Team

• 1373 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostDessu, on 14 March 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

Tiny i remembered i still got epic demo of you :DDDDDD
Share it!

#praiserescape

#60 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

This thread turned from Helping Tiny into a international debat about countries. Who started it ?!
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: questions, models, balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users