#1 OFFLINE   TinyTerror

TinyTerror

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Hallo C:

Sorry to make a seperate thread but i had quite a few questions and didn't want to spam up the other one;

- What happened to map rotation?
- What happened to models?
- How do the events/tournaments work now?
- Do we still have arena servers?
- Which gear is considered best? Before it was gold shop stuff, is that still the case?
- What level do professions go to/has the professions system changed since last year?
- Many new spells for the classes? Any really big changes that i've missed?

Any answers to these will be greatly appreciated.
Tiny
"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot
The world forgetting, by the world forgot
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned"

*DEAD* TinyTerror <3彡 #praiserescape :  why ppl stand in blizz?
*DEAD* TinyTerror <3彡 #praiserescape :  ;-;
*DEAD* Mini-Frisken #Brolove :  Because blizz is cool

Dessu :  omg my god

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:1:9810151

• PlayerID 24228

• LocationJoensuu, Finland

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

- Map rotation is gone, though on random occasions map events are hosted.
- Models are gone, i dont know reason to that.
- Events are regular ones, bosses, scheduled events can be found typing "events" in chat on server. Irregular ones quiz, hide and seek, drop/exp/dm, raids (new thing just added) held by event admins. Tournament info you can find from forums Events section topic "Heads up" Tournament incoming".
- Arena server is there.
- I think dynamics are best since they can give really favorable stats, can be bad stats spread also. Dont know exactly whats the "goodness" order on craftable/goldshop items.
- Professions get higher with cataclysm expansion, also with what you unlock lvls 81-85. Cataclysm reagants ( can be around 500 mining for example, dont know exact max lvl for gatherings). Crafting professions got changed to "tiers" like journeyman, expert, master, illustrious. You pay  one-time-fee of mats/silver to lvl to next tier.
- Not sure because didnt play 1 year ago, was on break, but atleast new T4 talent are recent stuff, also bunch of new glyphs and redesigned warlock fear. Thats what i manage came up of someone who got better memory feel free to add anything :P
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8

Bigi :  id luuuuv to see on discvoery channel tas in pony costume getting chased by a pack of wolves

#3 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Map rotation was removed. It was lowering the server population, as people would leave when a map they didn't like came up. Yet many of those people complain about not having a map rotation. See: Stabby.
Models were confusing as to who was on what team, and the hitboxes were off. At least that's what I remember the explanation being; I never had either of these problems.
Events/tournaments still work the same pretty much. Bosses are hosted on certain days, while quiz/raids/tournaments are rarer occasions which are announced about a day before in the in-game 'event' command. Raids are usually announced about a week before and on the forums as well.
Yeah we have arena servers, all PvP items also just got a rework.
Dynamics are probably the best as they can give any stat you wish for, but most of the time they won't. Otherwise 85 epics, which you'll most likely get from gold shop, boss events or raids. Boss events don't currently drop 85 epics but they will be dropping them in not too long. 85 Epic weapons are currently same AP/SP wise and only have higher stats, but they'll be buffed soonâ„¢
Profession leveling was changed to make it easier to access for new players and players not in a team. Crafting all the items and finding recipes is still fairly hard, especially for 85 epics. You now level up in tiers by paying a certain amount of materials. Two new professions were added; Inscription and Herbalism. 3 New glyphs for each class came just last patch, so each class has 9 glyphs now. You can wear 2 glyphs at once. Not many have herbalism so people with inscription run a fairly well managed monopoly in which they rip off people. Except in the high level glyphs, those really are hard to get materials for.
2 New spells were added for each class with 80-85, although Mage did get Polymorph at some point; can't remember if it was after or before 85s. There were also new tier 4 talents added, there's 1 spell talent that takes 1 point and another passive talent that takes 2 points, but not all classes have the 2 point talents due to Tristen being a lazy bum. Currently Shaman, Death Knight and Warlocks are missing these. They were supposed to come last patch but, well, Tristen.
Death Knights are still bitched about daily and so are Rogues. Death Knight's newest fad was blood/frost dual spec which got a nerf last patch. People will be bitching about unholy in a few weeks and that'll probably be nerfed after that.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#4 OFFLINE   TinyTerror

TinyTerror

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

I remember many of those changes, ex. Herbalism and Glyphs i was around for;

This "one time fee" to level thing - Does it mean i can go from Journey all the way to Illustrious as long as i have the mats? Like, could people send me then so i can insta level to endgame crafting?

Dynamics, what are these? Are they crafted items or.. random drops? Do they scale with level?

Real shame about the models, i really enjoyed them - it made WoWmod that much more unique. (Btw, i should've clarified, when i said models i meant Ghouls and Infernals.)

Map rotation, meh, i was around back in the day when it was 24/7 dust so not too concerned there.

Dess, you mentioned a change to Warlock fear? The last change was "break on taking a certain amount of damage".
Has there been a more recent one?

Going to try and resist gold leveling for now, although the mod might just suck me in too much.

Thanks as usual for the quick responses all.
"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot
The world forgetting, by the world forgot
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned"

*DEAD* TinyTerror <3彡 #praiserescape :  why ppl stand in blizz?
*DEAD* TinyTerror <3彡 #praiserescape :  ;-;
*DEAD* Mini-Frisken #Brolove :  Because blizz is cool

Dessu :  omg my god

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Yeah, you can level up to end-game crafting just by people sending you mats and silver. That's how it was before; just cut off the process of buying recipes.
Dynamics are random drop items with random stats. They don't scale with level, but if you are level 85, you are more likely to get a level 85 dynamic item than a level 70 one.
I don't know the reasoning behind removing ghoul/infernal models, I really liked them myself.
Fear has a bit smaller fear effect range, but you get this fancy shmancy slow effect made by Tristen, where you walk towards the fear caster slower if you were near enough to hit by Fear, but not near enough to get hit by the Fear effect itself.
"You're so retarded that you shouldn't go to sleep; you might forget how to breathe" - Wenneth Keld

#6 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts

• PlayerID 24228

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostTinyTerror, on 08 March 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

I remember many of those changes, ex. Herbalism and Glyphs i was around for;

This "one time fee" to level thing - Does it mean i can go from Journey all the way to Illustrious as long as i have the mats? Like, could people send me then so i can insta level to endgame crafting?

Dynamics, what are these? Are they crafted items or.. random drops? Do they scale with level?

Real shame about the models, i really enjoyed them - it made WoWmod that much more unique. (Btw, i should've clarified, when i said models i meant Ghouls and Infernals.)

Map rotation, meh, i was around back in the day when it was 24/7 dust so not too concerned there.

Dess, you mentioned a change to Warlock fear? The last change was "break on taking a certain amount of damage".
Has there been a more recent one?

Going to try and resist gold leveling for now, although the mod might just suck me in too much.

Thanks as usual for the quick responses all.
Well yea if you get mats from somewhere you can level crafting professions up instantly (for example for me it took ~10 mins to take blacksmithing from 0 to illustrious (max lvl))

Dynamics are items that drop (besides from shop gear, 64 rares etc) that generate dynamic stats (every item got unique  stats).

Recent change to fear is that now enemies withing certain distance get feared like old way for half duration, and for other half duration, you get slowed when you try run towards warlock in any way. And when your further away, you get that slow effect for full duration, fear still breaks on dmg, both "stages" of fear got individual break damage unless tristen have changed it.

E* to add on hani about lvling proffs, besides cutting off recipe buying, also cutting huge amount of mats and time, though i think inscription is the opposite considering mats cost.

Edited by Dessu, 08 March 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8

Bigi :  id luuuuv to see on discvoery channel tas in pony costume getting chased by a pack of wolves

#7 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Yeah, inscription really got the short end of the stick. Well, illustrious got a lot of glyphs now at least.

#8 OFFLINE   stinkyfax

stinkyfax

Administrator

• Administrators

• 2675 posts
  • Steam xrushiov

• PlayerID 1001

• LocationUK

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Infernal and Ghoul were not turned off. It is there, but stopped working with some CS:S patch, can't get my hands on to debug and fix (if possible, should be..).
Tristen: Son of a monkey.

#9 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

And warlocks got nerfed, qq. But they also got buffed - in a way. So it's kind of a storm of buffs and nerfs in warlock-frontier :D
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#10 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Warlocks will be getting a nice buff after they get new talents. Atm only Des/Dem combo is really all that good; going for Chaos Bolt in Destruction and some other stuff in Demonology.

#11 OFFLINE   lemon

lemon

Knight-Captain

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Steam STEAM_0:0:7518506

• PlayerID 1042

• Locationbelgium

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostArioni, on 08 March 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Warlocks will be getting a nice buff after they get new talents. Atm only Des/Dem combo is really all that good; going for Chaos Bolt in Destruction and some other stuff in Demonology.
WHAT?!
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postlemon, on 08 March 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

WHAT?!
Read the rest of the post and don't focus on only one part. It's like reading the sentence "Hitler was a great leader, he managed to make Germany into a country of wealth, but we must not forget his heinous deeds and genocide." and only picking the part "Hitler was a great leader".

#13 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostArioni, on 08 March 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Read the rest of the post and don't focus on only one part. It's like reading the sentence "Hitler was a great leader, he managed to make Germany into a country of wealth, but we must not forget his heinous deeds and genocide." and only picking the part "Hitler was a great leader".
Wtf Hanii, Lemon only asked what kind of a buff and you start lecturing about WW leaders
Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired.
- Cave Johnson

#14 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostArioni, on 08 March 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

He was great with art also.
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#15 OFFLINE   Bill

Bill

Commander

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Steam 0:0:28409595

• PlayerID 47884

• LocationCzech republick

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostRaging, on 08 March 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

He was great with art also.

Without 9gag u wont know it :D

#16 OFFLINE   Sirchipnsalsa

Sirchipnsalsa

Commander

• Developer

• 622 posts
  • Steam Sirchipnsalsa

• PlayerID 1291

• LocationFlo 'Rida

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostBill, on 08 March 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Without 9gag, the world would be a better place.
12:12 PM - Porta: tas is pony faggot
12:12 PM - Porta: dont trust him
- - - - -
PacmaN :   BITCH I GOT A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE

Panda. Cat.

#17 OFFLINE   Raging

Raging

Marshal

• Item Team
  • 886 posts
  • PlayerID Raging

• LocationDanger Danger, Hight Voltage

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

View PostBill, on 08 March 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Saw those " you liked this X, well you liked Hitler " posts on 4chan and reddit, before it went 9gag and every goddamn facebook users page.
super hyphy (no sound) : stinky, can u make 82 uncommons better than 78 epics
Stinkyfax :i can make my mum better than your GF

#18 OFFLINE   Dessu

Dessu

Marshal

• Developer

• 865 posts

• PlayerID 24228

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

6 Hours from topic made and it goes offtopic :D

#19 OFFLINE   Wookie

Wookie

The Path Preserver

• Events Team

• 2450 posts
  • Steam Wookie

• LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostDessu, on 09 March 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

6 Hours from topic made and it goes offtopic :D
This time it was Hanii
- Cave Johnson

#20 OFFLINE   Arioni

Arioni

Field Marshal

• Moderators

• 1318 posts
  • LocationFinland

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostWookie, on 09 March 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

This time it was Hanii
It was you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: questions, models, balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users